Ok, name YOUR price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love The Mout, ive been scouting him all season, must have watched nearly all Sportings game this season, hes played mainly on the right, he makes my little solider twitch, hes a sexy boy.

But my Mikel is by far sexier. If we could have them both in the same team I think I would explode.

Never suggest I talk utter genitals mate. Ever.

Im always right, its pointless you even trying to prove otherwise.

If they both went on sale tomorrow, people would pay more for the younger injury prone striker, than they would the older injury prone striker. FACHHHHT.

Let's look at your average Premier League team who would even consider signing one of the two.

Would they pay £3m for a player who will score? Or a player who won't score?

Vaughans not exactly prolific. Saha can make something out of absolute nothing(ness).

the point's a good one... but the example's not.

By all accounts, Moutinho is just about the most professional player out there.

Really? Oh ok, accounts are never wrong.

My point stands - no matter how much research you do, you never quite know what will happen when you put people in the same dressing room. That counts double if you are putting a player in a new country - you can't be sure how he'll react. Maybe he'll get annoyed because the rest of the team isn't professional enough for him.

I'm not saying that will happen, I'm just saying that's there's 100 different unforeseen ways that introducing a new body into an existing unit can go wrong. That goes for literally anybody - there is no such thing as a surefire transfer. With somebody like Moutinho, the chances of that happening might be small (compared with VDM Mk 2), but it's still there.

Let's look at your average Premier League team who would even consider signing one of the two.

Would they pay £3m for a player who will score? Or a player who won't score?

Saha was on the market 12 months ago. The market decided his value was zero pounds and zero pence.

The other thing is wage demands - Saha would want a lot more than Vaughan. Nobody would pay £3m for Saha because he'd want £2m+ in wages, and zero sell on value in 2 years time. Vaughan would expect a lot less, and there is potential for a big sell on fee if he gets over his injuries (certainly not guarenteed, but there's a chance - there is zero chance with Saha).

So I agree that on the open market, we'd get far more for Vaughan than Saha.

Which is also the reason we should consider selling Vaughan, but not Saha.

Yakubu: 18M
Saha: 5M
Anichebe: 4M
Vaughan: 6M

Moutinho: NOT FOR SALE :lol:
Cahill: 20M
Fellaini: 20M
Arteta: 25M
Pienaar: 15M
Neville: 3M
Osman: 4M
Rodwell: 12M
Gosling: 5M

Hibbert: 3M
Yobo: 10M
Jagielka: 25M
Lescott: 25M
Baines: 18M

Howard: 8M

Yakubu: 12.5M
Saha: 1.5M
Anichebe: 3.5M
Vaughan: 5.5M

Cahill: 14M
Fellaini: 15M
Arteta: We'd have to get a similar player in return. Say Arshavin and 2M hand delivered by a naked Ines Sainz

Pienaar: 9.5M

Neville: 10M (way too high but wouldn't sell him unless someone came with a joke offer, I think he does alot more off the pitch than any of us know). With all of our injuries he was one of our constant presence

Osman: 3M

Rodwell: I saw Mutinho at Euro 08, wasn't too impressed, but every body on the board gushes about him so I assume you guys have seen him much more so...If we had to sell high value player to get Mutinho (or Tevez?? please god) and we will have to sell a top value player to get him. I'd ship Rodwell out to Arse for 10-12M. If the future is now then I think we'd have to do it. I'd also sell Rodwell to bring in Valencia.

Gosling: 3.5M

Hibbert: 1.75M

Yobo: 5M (worth more but we can't get much til he's signed)

Jagielka: 11M

Lescott: 15.5M - I'd sell Lescott and Rodwell for Tevez in a heartbeat.

Baines: 6M

Howard: 9.5M

Yakubu: 12M :dodgy:
Saha: 2M :huh:
Anichebe: 2M ;)
Vaughan: 2M :lol:

Cahill: 18M ((n) still wouldn't sell tho)
Fellaini: 20M :oops:
Arteta: 25M :(
Pienaar: 13M b)
Neville: 3M :blink:
Osman: 1M :D
Rodwell: 15M :mad:
Gosling: 5M :blink:

Hibbert: 2.5M :lol:
Yobo: 4M :dodgy:
Jagielka: 20M :eek:
Lescott: 20M :eek:
Baines: 18M :eek:

Howard: 6M ;)

you could make that argument about every spot on the pitch. Just trying to strengthen the top 11 ... doubt the club's depth will ever stretch much more than that without a serious influx of funds.

Not really

GK admittedly you're right about
CB atm we have Yobo as back up
RB we've got Neville, Jacobsen and Hibbert who are all about the same ability
LB Baines with the possibility of Lescott or Coleman if needs be
ML Ledley would be a good signing here
MR Gosling and Osman, but everyone knows this is the position we need done up
MC Plenty of players here
ST Yakubu with Cahill behind him. Anichebe, Vaughan and Saha all good back up

We can't go through the season with 2 CBs, imagine what we'd have done when Jags got injured if we didn't have Jobo

Not really

GK admittedly you're right about
CB atm we have Yobo as back up
RB we've got Neville, Jacobsen and Hibbert who are all about the same ability
LB Baines with the possibility of Lescott or Coleman if needs be
ML Ledley would be a good signing here
MR Gosling and Osman, but everyone knows this is the position we need done up
MC Plenty of players here
ST Yakubu with Cahill behind him. Anichebe, Vaughan and Saha all good back up

We can't go through the season with 2 CBs, imagine what we'd have done when Jags got injured if we didn't have Jobo

Sure, I'd love to keep him on as a solid backup. I'd hate to see any of our players go. Backups are great, but there are holes on the right side top11 that need sured up.

Moyes has got a couple of tricks up his sleeves, I can see him having 15-20m, enough to get either a top quality RM and/or RB

Status
Not open for further replies.