Official Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

Player Valuation: £8m
A statement from Everton Football Club - August 24, 2007
Everton Football Club acknowledges that a majority of those Evertonians who were eligible to vote in the ballot do support the Club in its desire to relocate to a new home in Kirkby.
We are the only major club in Europe to have handed over a decision of such importance and magnitude to its fan-base – something which simply serves to underscore the enormously high regard in which we hold our supporters.
We now have a mandate to carry on negotiations with our two project partners – Knowsley Borough Council and Tesco.
The Club’s Board of Directors, the management staff and the players would like to thank all those who participated in the ballot.
We would also like to thank the Electoral Reform Services who ran the ballot on our behalf in a diligent and wholly professional manner.
Whilst we concede that the proposed move has undoubtedly provoked a heated and sustained debate, it is reassuring to know that the majority of Evertonians do support the Club as it pursues its long-held desire to provide a world-class stadium for its world-class support.
The result comes at the end of a transparent, democratic process and we believe that now is the time for all supporters of Everton Football Club to set aside any differences of opinion and unite for the common good.
The simple truth is, we all want the same thing – a thriving, ambitious and prosperous club away from the field of play and an attractive, competitive team on it.
Number of voting packs dispatched
36,662 Number of votes received25,761 Number of votes found to be invalid63 Total number of valid votes25,698 Turnout70.27%
Question
Based on the foregoing information, the Board is inclined to pursue the building of a new stadium in Kirkby.
The Board promised to ballot Evertonians to ascertain their views on this move.
The question is: Are you in favour of relocating Everton Football Club to Kirkby?
The Result
Yes 15,230 59.27% NO 10,468 40.73%

WOO HOO I can die happy now....

happy and sad to be honest.

financially it will secure our future as a top flight club. We will be leaving goodison park though.

We will be able to attract investors, better players, more fans but we will no longer be in the city.

Still Kirby is liverpool, no denying it.

sense has prevailed it seems.

Affraid to say it but I have never been to Goodison and I'm sad that it's something that I'm never going to.

What will happen to Goodison once the new Stadium is finished and EFC are playing there?

Ah, I seemed to have come across as elated then, which I am I'm elated at the fact we can push the kirkby project get us a grand stadium on the cheap and move us further away from our rivals. I'm absolutely extactic about that.

But I'm sad because in moving away we lose the old lady, the heart and soul of Everton, I'm not happy to lose such a beautiful stadium to a block of houses or whatever is being built on top of it. But we can't all live in the past its time to move to our new home.

Affraid to say it but I have never been to Goodison and I'm sad that it's something that I'm never going to.

What will happen to Goodison once the new Stadium is finished and EFC are playing there?

Well you'll have 3 years to get there, dont worry mate, the old girl isnt going anywhere for a few years. Its not like saturdays game at goodison is now off and its on a field somewhere in kirkby lol

Ah, I seemed to have come across as elated then, which I am I'm elated at the fact we can push the kirkby project get us a grand stadium on the cheap and move us further away from our rivals. I'm absolutely extactic about that.

But I'm sad because in moving away we lose the old lady, the heart and soul of Everton, I'm not happy to lose such a beautiful stadium to a block of houses or whatever is being built on top of it. But we can't all live in the past its time to move to our new home.

The heart and soul of Everton is us mate, Goodison is just our stage.

I'm not happy to lose such a beautiful stadium to a block of houses or whatever is being built on top of it. But we can't all live in the past its time to move to our new home.

Someone should have a word, do what they did with highbury. i'm sure there's [Poor language removed] loads of Evertonians who would live in a posh flat in goodison :)

Would be class if we did what arsenal did and play in an old style shirt.

When players first came to Everton, didnt they play in their original home town shirts then dye them black? Now that would make for an original idea in this day and age!

at least three years to get over here and witness the magic of the place. Denmark isn't exactly on the other side of the world, its a two hour plane ride.

save some coins and easy jet it la.

Yeh no excuses great dane!

try being 5000 miles away :p

having said that, I'm coming home for xmas..... NO EXCUSES!!

at least three years to get over here and witness the magic of the place. Denmark isn't exactly on the other side of the world, its a two hour plane ride.

save some coins and easy jet it la.

From Denmark.....you could swim!!! ;) :p lol

ha! i'll be back for new years. think i'll get 2 games in during the holidays.

i'm a proper tourist these days. i spend a fortune in the club shop before the game and then get in the ground nice and early to watch the players warm up.

Status
Not open for further replies.