Of interest?Title winning day pre match 1985.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its a shame nothing much was filmed fan wise in 1970 v WBA to clinch the title - the ground to keep that night from start to finish not all ticket either had to get in 2 hours before kick off too - the whole ground sang that night unbelievable noise - great find in 1985 @Dario Terracotta of 1985;)
I got onto the pitch that night with it seemed like thousands of others. took a piece of the pitch home in my pocket. it was in my bedroom for weeks before my mother threw it out. absolutely fantastic evening

About 10 of us had been coming down from the North East for every home game that season. What youngsters might not realise is that we didn’t sell out in those days so we had got used to just paying at the turnstile in the Gwladys Street. Not being daft, nine of realised that this game was different and got to the queue about 12.00. One idiot decided he could still go to the pub and turn up at five to three.

he spent the game sat on the back step of the minibus in the Priory Road car park listening on a transistor radio, and crying

The tit

Upper st end , with my mum @jaycee and a few others , we had a cracker speck for are season tickets those years, row mm 18 onwards surrounded by a cracker load of fans , had to give them up because my mum couldn't get up the stairs anymore so had to decamp to the parkend.
Great times , wish the young fans could just have a little taste of it they deserve it .

The atmosphere after the relegation escape against Wimbledon and the celebrations in town that night was the one for me.

We chased the RS out of the city centre that night.

Away at Villa weren't they?

Horrible atmosphere until the final whistle that. Hate to think what would have happened if it didn't go the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.