Nuremberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome trip, i stayed until Saturday night and went to see the courtroom from the trials which was open to the public on Saturdays
I lived n Basel at the time so somewhat a home tie for me. Got the train to Bern in the morning full of blues, Bern was great pubs full. Even at Suisse prices. The ground had no alcohol beer only though! It was carnival season in Switzerland and a few stayed in Basel and had a great night the day after. Got a little moody at the Bern station post game but no where as moody as Athens!

Took my lad who was then 10. He still talks about it. Problem was he thought all away games were like that. Didn't take him long to find out otherwise

I lived n Basel at the time so somewhat a home tie for me. Got the train to Bern in the morning full of blues, Bern was great pubs full. Even at Suisse prices. The ground had no alcohol beer only though! It was carnival season in Switzerland and a few stayed in Basel and had a great night the day after. Got a little moody at the Bern station post game but no where as moody as Athens!
I remember the trouble at Bern Station, loads of loons turned up in bomber jackets and doc martens looking to kick off, the plod were all over them quite quickly though.

I remember the trouble at Bern Station, loads of loons turned up in bomber jackets and doc martens looking to kick off, the plod were all over them quite quickly though.
yeah the police in Suisse take no [Poor language removed] from anyone so it ended quick was just weird as was not expecting it there

Took my lad who was then 10. He still talks about it. Problem was he thought all away games were like that. Didn't take him long to find out otherwise
My oldest son's first European away trip, too. He was 15, so into the beers by then. He had such a great time, his sister (2 years younger) insisted on coming the next game, which gave me a ticket problem, so had to get tickets for home end at Alkmaar (down the side, to the left of the Blues' section, which was behind the goal). But we had some fun in Amsterdam, despite the baltic weather.

By then Tom's convinced all Euro aways are wins like the 2 games he's seen, with him getting served at the bar, too. But the Dutch police were far less friendly, chucking out interlopers as soon as they were identified. We were OK, thanks to a kind steward, decent fans around us, and the sympathy vote as my dad was from Holland.

Good times...we need them back. Soon!

Brilliant trip, Bolton played Bayern Munich the same night away, so loads of planes/trains were split with both lots of fans.

We went from london/salzburg/munich/nuremberg, and travelled with loads of bolton & blues, great atmosphere.

My dad fell asleep in the top tier actual away end, and missed all 2nd half and both goals….the celebration didnt even wake him up. Lol

Brilliant trip, Bolton played Bayern Munich the same night away, so loads of planes/trains were split with both lots of fans.

We went from london/salzburg/munich/nuremberg, and travelled with loads of bolton & blues, great atmosphere.

My dad fell asleep in the top tier actual away end, and missed all 2nd half and both goals….the celebration didnt even wake him up. Lol
They beat Munich as well, we were in Munich the night after, great atmosphere around the place.

The Führer’s podium at The Zeppelin field
2FB974D7-C52E-4159-AA0F-04ABFCF0AD68.jpeg

and the view of the ground from the podium
03166C35-4D66-46D4-9D38-ABA37BF15601.jpeg

taken on a 2007 Nokia

Status
Not open for further replies.