Nuno Espirito Santo

Status
Not open for further replies.
For good sake no,
please get a young manager wanting to prove himself, not a has been or failed journey man.
We need to rebuild not paper over the problems

I would take him over Potter and Lampard which doesn't say much.

Only because I think if we signed a solid CB, attacking RWB and another good CF playing 352 would suit us with Digne for me being a wing back.

People also get the 3 in CM that they crave.

We also get the same dull football that we've had with the previous few managers.

We need a more progressive coach that can get the fans on board with a distinct identity on the pitch.

Nuno, is marginally better than Benitez, but, not by enough to justify the expense of sacking Benitez, don’t get me wrong, Benitez needs to go and go quickly, but, his replacement needs to be young and progressive and capable of working harmoniously with a new DOF.

I think the DOF is the crucial appointment now, either appoint the right man and have him come in on a senior basis to Benitez, or, sack Benitez, appoint an interim manager, get the new DOF in and let him draw up a short list of managerial candidates.

My perception of him is similar to that of Rafael, his teams aren’t that great to watch. Wolves weren’t very exciting and Spurs weren’t either, for the few games he was there. I’d much rather we went for Potter. He’s doing quite well with a small budget at Brighton, and given time, and eventually funds, I think he would build a fairly entertaining and successful team.

He comes with his own team. How can we have that when we have to keep Ferguson, Baines, Ebbrell and Unsworth?

He comes with his own team. How can we have that when we have to keep Ferguson, Baines, Ebbrell and Unsworth?
That is a massive part of our issue, we need to cut ties with former players and hire people with experience.. I'd honestly rather see us head hunt a manager from league 1 or 2 who has experience actually managing a team and who'd like a go at an assistant job in the PL, someone who is hungry to work their way up, Ferguson never did anything to prove he deserves his current role yet he's been hanging around like a bad rash for a number of failed managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.