Match Thread Nottingham Forest vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is odd to me that Dyche can go to starting Simms at Anfield to then deciding on Gray.

How can you go from rating Simms to give him a start there to then thinking to start a winger upfront who has never scored a header.
Because he doesnt know the squad well enough yet, and thats understandable. But its also another example of why changing manager was never going to make the difference people suggested.

It is odd to me that Dyche can go to starting Simms at Anfield to then deciding on Gray.

How can you go from rating Simms to give him a start there to then thinking to start a winger upfront who has never scored a header.

Must just be about speed on the break? Who holds the ball up though? Not sure how we play this one? Just sitting in and looking for quick counters.

Keane is the obvious call at the back but he’s usually at his best when playing deep and heading away crosses.

This won’t be one for the faint hearted.

It is very odd.

What I find odder is still keeping Doucoure in what I assume will be the 'behind the striker' position he's been playing him in.

Clearly he's felt the need to try another striker again, yet hasn't twigged on that Doucoure is a serious limitation when we have the ball in attacking positions.

The bench actually looks ok and a bit more balanced. I am sure it was an accident.
Looking like a 0-0 here. neither side want to lose.
However the rule of 'who scores wins' doeas apply.

Terrible line up.
No idea why Keane and Gana are getting a game .
Gray can't play as a lone striker.
Has Dyche got any more of a Scooby than Lampard?
None of them try the kids . Not sure what we've got to lose now

It feels pretty unfair for me, I also thought Simms did well when he came on towards the end of the Leeds game and definitely deserves another chance against teams where we're more likely to get a result

Oh I don’t know… gets hurt probably every time he is out on the pitch and we would like to get some money this summer from him. Easier when he is healthy and not wearing a neck brace.
He’s out of contract in two months. We pay him almost a million a month. Get him on the bloody pitch earning his corn

Status
Not open for further replies.