Match Thread Nottingham Forest v Everton - Team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasnt my intention to derail it slightly with personal circumstances,

but thank you all, I dont have a huge friendship group and it's nice to recieve the best wishes messages.

3 points on Thursday will make it a good day.

šŸ˜Š

You know, much as our grand old team depresses, frustrates, dissapoints and annoys us in equal measure, one win and the world seems like a much brighter place regardless of whatever circumstances are pertaining in our lives at that particular time.

I recall lying in a hospital bed recovering after major surgery in 2008 and listening to a game v Barcodes on the radio through my headphones.

(I think it was big Fellainiā€™s first game for us)

My wife and two of my sisters were at my bedside chatting among themselves and other, very glum looking people were visiting very sick men in the ward.

We scored and took the leadā€¦I jumped up, aā€™ hootinā€™ nā€™ aā€˜ hollerinā€™ despite the pain and almost opening the stitches where the incision was :celebrate:

The place was in uproar.

The Barcodes equalised and I think the game was drawn but that first EFC goal was a Rubicon and my recovery accelerated after that.

Despite everything, the grand old team has wonderful healing powers for those of us whom worship at its altar.

Wishing you all the best with your surgery Andy mate. My wifehad her gall bladder removed yearrs ago and the difference it made to her life was amazing (she used to double over with pain when the stones moved inside it).

Your life will be transformed mate ;)

And on Thursday night, from the Main Stand, I will give an extra cheer and hold the ā€œPL Corruptā€ poster up especially for you.

UTFT

Glad we won that, as they were pretty average and seemed to have injured players that stayed on the pitch for some reason. Impressed with our two centre backs, as Wood can be tricky and he didn't have a sniff. Likewise Mykolenko did very well defensively. Young was fine, just about. Elanga is their main threat so keeping him out was important. Garner and Gana were both good, particulalry Garner in the second half. McNeil was poor in the first half but then came good in the second. Harrison kept on being tackled, but did supply the cross that we scored from, so ok. Bit worried about Beto, as he seems slow to attack the ball. Hopefully just still getting up to speed. Seems desperate to score and hope it happens soon. Doucoure was Doucoure. I actually wonder whether the charm will wear off and Begovic will realise his wife and horse have been playing as no. 10 for the past 6 months. I would say that his passing accuracy was bad, but actually more fundamentally there are times when you wonder if kicking a football is an alien concept. He sometimes reminds me of that scene in The Wolf of Wall Street when Leonardo's character is trying to get into his car. Still worked his socks off again.
Well done boys.

I like your idea, our points total goes down but our league position and prize money is not affected but I'm not really sure that would be a punishment.
No punisment? Having 10 points taken away at the end of the season is no punishment? If the points, after deducting the 10, puts you in the bottom 3, you go down. THATS the punishment, wether your position is 10th or 18th.

The only difference is, if you finish 10th for eg, you get the money for finishing 10th and not the 15th, 16th it may be if they apply 10 points to positioning. Would never happen, but if they thought about thingsā€¦

No punisment? Having 10 points taken away at the end of the season is no punishment? If the points, after deducting the 10, puts you in the bottom 3, you go down. THATS the punishment, wether your position is 10th or 18th.

The only difference is, if you finish 10th for eg, you get the money for finishing 10th and not the 15th, 16th it may be if they apply 10 points to positioning. Would never happen, but if they thought about thingsā€¦
Chill man, you didnā€™t explain what you meant and I still donā€™t understand. You were saying we should get a points deduction but that our league position should not be affected which makes no sense at all.

Playing in 'all blue' (a la Chelsea) is too bloody painful.
Doesn't the Kit Man understand that dark and light colours shouldn't be combined: it's asking for trouble.

And don't get me started on 'it helps those with a black/white telly'. It's the 2020's: I'm not sure they ever existed.

You know, much as our grand old team depresses, frustrates, dissapoints and annoys us in equal measure, one win and the world seems like a much brighter place regardless of whatever circumstances are pertaining in our lives at that particular time.

I recall lying in a hospital bed recovering after major surgery in 2008 and listening to a game v Barcodes on the radio through my headphones.

(I think it was big Fellainiā€™s first game for us)

My wife and two of my sisters were at my bedside chatting among themselves and other, very glum looking people were visiting very sick men in the ward.

We scored and took the leadā€¦I jumped up, aā€™ hootinā€™ nā€™ aā€˜ hollerinā€™ despite the pain and almost opening the stitches where the incision was :celebrate:

The place was in uproar.

The Barcodes equalised and I think the game was drawn but that first EFC goal was a Rubicon and my recovery accelerated after that.

Despite everything, the grand old team has wonderful healing powers for those of us whom worship at its altar.

Wishing you all the best with your surgery Andy mate. My wifehad her gall bladder removed yearrs ago and the difference it made to her life was amazing (she used to double over with pain when the stones moved inside it).

Your life will be transformed mate ;)

And on Thursday night, from the Main Stand, I will give an extra cheer and hold the ā€œPL Corruptā€ poster up especially for you.

UTFT
I remember as a kid, must have been aged 11 or 12. I was visiting my Dad in the hospital, he was in a serious crash, got a signed pennant from the then Everton team. Anyway, I had hearphones in listening to either Radio City/Merseyside with us away at Blackburn. Kevin Campbell scored and me, as a child, not realising where i was, screamed YESS.

I always remember the look on my dads face as he was apologising in the ward. lol

I remember as a kid, must have been aged 11 or 12. I was visiting my Dad in the hospital, he was in a serious crash, got a signed pennant from the then Everton team. Anyway, I had hearphones in listening to either Radio City/Merseyside with us away at Blackburn. Kevin Campbell scored and me, as a child, not realising where i was, screamed YESS.

I always remember the look on my dads face as he was apologising in the ward. lol

šŸ˜‚

Chill man, you didnā€™t explain what you meant and I still donā€™t understand. You were saying we should get a points deduction but that our league position should not be affected which makes no sense at all.
No, I said the position is not changed (which is a true reflection of this seasonā€™s achievement and therefore the money received for a ā€œtrueā€ final position), but, if, at the end of the season after you deducted the 10 points from our actual final points score puts us in the bottom 3, we rightly go down.

So basically you have the same chance of going down (points based). However, when the PL work out the income at the end of the season (roughly Ā£2m per position) we get a fairer amount. So we arent punished twice. 1) from the risk (or actual) relegation and 2) from losing Ā£10m or so for finishing a few places lower.

Haven't slept a wink.

Think I've been so disheartened with that 10pt deduction and worried. Had Zero confidence in getting a result yesterday.

Absolutely made my weekend. Having Surgery on Thursday to remove my gaulbladder, so cant make Newcastle or Chelsea games, so it's nice to go into surgery off the back of a win!

UTFT!

All the best with the operation Andy, hope you make a swift recovery.

Haven't slept a wink.

Think I've been so disheartened with that 10pt deduction and worried. Had Zero confidence in getting a result yesterday.

Absolutely made my weekend. Having Surgery on Thursday to remove my gaulbladder, so cant make Newcastle or Chelsea games, so it's nice to go into surgery off the back of a win!

UTFT!
Mother in law had that a few years ago. She was up and about in days - not running marathons like but recovery was pretty quick. The worrying before hand is worse.

Good luck and hopefully the boys can get 3 points to help you with your recovery.

Playing in 'all blue' (a la Chelsea) is too bloody painful.
Doesn't the Kit Man understand that dark and light colours shouldn't be combined: it's asking for trouble.

And don't get me started on 'it helps those with a black/white telly'. It's the 2020's: I'm not sure they ever existed.
Must admit Iā€™m quite a fan of the all blue strip. In my view we should aim to play in royal blue shirts as often as possible. If that means changing the shorts/socks sometimes thatā€™s fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.