Match Thread Norwich City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly Norwich have now capitulated, relegation is inevitable.

Frankly we were playing relegation stuff ourselves in that first half, it was shambolic, boring, less inspiring than watching paint dry and there is no escaping the fact that despite the lunacy of playing football in empty stadia we have many problems that need addressing. Carlo is beginning to annoy me, he is a guy feeding off past glories, yes he is organised, so was Fat Sam, but like the hideous one he is failing to produce entertainment and yesterday was a prime example.
I was pleased with Keane's performance, Holgate was wayward far to often but between them they kept Norwich at bay. Iwobi at long last showed he had something, that beats the sod all he has shown so far. I then struggle to think of anyone deserving of a mention because for too long we flattered to deceive, part of that flattery from the pundits was the fact that most still hold our manager in awe. Tom Davies is a lower division player, he will never make it in the top league. If anyone comes in with an offer for him snatch their hands off
The brutal fact is that I have felt better not seeing this lot for three months than having to endure the petrifyingly boring crap churned out last night and I'm sure others feel the same way. Everton need to play substantially better than this in order to win back the hearts and minds of a fair few Blues of which I am one.

Frankly we were playing relegation stuff ourselves in that first half, it was shambolic, boring, less inspiring than watching paint dry and there is no escaping the fact that despite the lunacy of playing football in empty stadia we have many problems that need addressing. Carlo is beginning to annoy me, he is a guy feeding off past glories, yes he is organised, so was Fat Sam, but like the hideous one he is failing to produce entertainment and yesterday was a prime example.
I was pleased with Keane's performance, Holgate was wayward far to often but between them they kept Norwich at bay. Iwobi at long last showed he had something, that beats the sod all he has shown so far. I then struggle to think of anyone deserving of a mention because for too long we flattered to deceive, part of that flattery from the pundits was the fact that most still hold our manager in awe. Tom Davies is a lower division player, he will never make it in the top league. If anyone comes in with an offer for him snatch their hands off
The brutal fact is that I have felt better not seeing this lot for three months than having to endure the petrifyingly boring crap churned out last night and I'm sure others feel the same way. Everton need to play substantially better than this in order to win back the hearts and minds of a fair few Blues of which I am one.

Come on, mate. We'd all love to see great attacking football but right now our midfield simply won't allow for that. Also the league's return is a glorified pre-season and the game yesterday was played in some serious heat.

If 12-18 months from now we are nothing but an organised unit who rely on set pieces for goals I'd be worried but right now I think it's more of a case of Carlo working with what he's got.

You've gone a little over the top in this posting.

After three months without a game, we were playing a second game in three days and away from home.

We are looking more organised and didn't concede any chances of note - scored the goal and took the three points. I clearly have more faith with a multiple champions league/league/cup winner than you do.

First half was all done at walking pace but I tried running today and it was flipping tough in that heat - have you tried playing football in those temperatures recently?

I thought Norwich were awful and we were not much better. Perhaps the heat was an excuse but I'm not sure I buy into that too much. I think the league table doesn't lie and where we are right now is about the quality of this squad. Serious investment still needed because the consistency and fluidity shown by the likes of wolves and leicester Is not something I would associate with this Everton team and we should be looking above them type of teams and at the moment we are some way off them.

A wins a win but we never really played with the same intensity as we did against lfc., we became sloppy and indecisive in most things we did. Onwards to the Leicester game.

Status
Not open for further replies.