Match Thread Norwich City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am satisfied with the win , went for Iwobi over Keane
After a bright start , 1st half performance Norwich took advantage of us losing too much possession particular in the midfield
2nd half inclusion of Siggy replacing Davies we got the goal we deserved , and defended well after the goal
Deffo will have to up our game against Leicester , but confident Ancellotti will have us ready

Everton win away on a 3 day turnaround, in 30 degree heat, after running their arses off against the RS in a very creditable performance and keep a clean sheet, never look troubled at the back, just a bit disjointed going forward after a 3 month break and everyone is still moaning?!

YEEEAAAAHHH #CarloOut lid! Dunn'ave a clue im!

It's hard to be disappointed with a win, but I am. We don't win easily because we don't score enough goals. That's stating the obvious, I know, but
it means we are likely to drop points in games we should win.

I went for Iwobi. I know Keane got the goal but it was Iwobi's urgency that started getting us up the pitch.
Davies & Gomes as a two struggle against teams we are looking to dominate. Against a team like Liverpool where we won't have the ball and they aren't expected to control the middle of the park i think they're ok (not perfect but ok) but against a side like Norwich they should be dictating the game, Gomes especially.
DCL looked good again, his overall game and movement just gets better each game although he should have done better from Iwobi's cross. Thought Richie had an off night but he's normally our best player so he's allowed one every now and then.
Nice to see Pickford's remembered how to kick the ball.
The players still look like they've just come back from a 3 month break (no surprise there) and given that Norwich had 2 extra days to recover, had plenty of fresh legs on the pitch after making a load of changes and we stuck with the same team it's no wonder we looked sluggish but a wins a win! A point off the red cult and an away win? i would have taken that a few weeks ago - especially with our injury list that never seems to get better.

I am satisfied with the win , went for Iwobi over Keane
After a bright start , 1st half performance Norwich took advantage of us losing too much possession particular in the midfield
2nd half inclusion of Siggy replacing Davies we got the goal we deserved , and defended well after the goal
Deffo will have to up our game against Leicester , but confident Ancellotti will have us ready
I was a bit upset to hear we won 1-0....Never watched it, I had thought it was Tuesday so was doing some work at home!

I was a bit upset to hear we won 1-0....Never watched it, I had thought it was Tuesday so was doing some work at home!

Sorry about that , Was thinking about giving it a miss myself purposely !
Dreading the game as said in an earlier post but now glad I watched , also what comes to mind is we seem to lose more at home to Norwich than away !

It's hard to be disappointed with a win, but I am. We don't win easily because we don't score enough goals. That's stating the obvious, I know, but
it means we are likely to drop points in games we should win.
  • Second game back 3 days after a tough game, they had 5 days rest
  • Hot weather
  • Sidibe, Delph, Mina, Walcott and Gbamin injured
  • We only rested Gordon from previous game
  • Was a poor first half overall, but the effort and organising they put in was good
  • This was a team we were beat by and beat Man City, so on their day can be dangerous
  • We didn't pick up any more injuries
Not a great performance but just good to get through it and take 3 points, we'll be much better against Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.