2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't think we should accept anything lower than £20m in this current market, maybe even nothing below £25m given how stupid prices have gone, but sadly that's just england. Nobody outside england would pay that sort of fee for him.

I mean... Niasse scored nearly a goal every 2 games (on average) in Russia, it's not exactly a fantastic league.

That said, I believe there's a player in there, but can/should/will we develop him or sell for a profit now when we can?

16m Euros seems cheap, if that is indeed the price, but as you say hes quite unproven, the future will judge the decision in the end. Ive said for a while hes done here.

Meh, doubt we will regret it to much myself like.

He looks a pretty decent player and hes still very young, but dont think hes gonna be a top, top player myself, but I am basing it on the 40minutes or so hes played for us, so its not an amazingly qualified judgement like.

I would like to see him given a chance on ability but his mouth lets him down every time. Also Sigurdsson is going nowhere so will play the majority of games so he will be benched a lot. Players like him can end up poisoning the whole dressing room so reluctantly I think selling is the best option.

I just dont see a place for him in the team right now. Siggurdson is first choice, and if we get a right footed winger, Bernard will be 2nd choice at the position. You'd love to see what he MAYBE could become, but if you can almost double your money on him(though you'd want more), I think youd have to take it unless you were convinced hed make a step up and be worth 25 million next year.

I feel like Marco and Marcel have decided to take the money and run with Vlasic, Lookmanand Holgate etc.

All promising but we need funds, actual useable players and better attitude. It may come back to bite us in the long run but, in the short term, it would do us a lot of good getting proper players in.

If we’re going to realize any kind of return on sales we have to sell someone halfway decent or at lest promising. He’s done well enough to fetch a decent price, but he doesn’t want to be here and his success is in a mediocre league so who knows if he’s really that good... take the money.

Lookman, who had similar potential, has hardly set the world alight.

He hasn’t even set Finch Farm alight.

At some point we have to let go of players who don’t cut it.
Vlasic never really got a chance though in his best position, difficult to know if his form in Russia could be replicated in the Prem. Might be a mistake to let him go without him having a full season here under Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.