2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't think we should accept anything lower than £20m in this current market, maybe even nothing below £25m given how stupid prices have gone, but sadly that's just england. Nobody outside england would pay that sort of fee for him.
16m Euros seems cheap, if that is indeed the price, but as you say hes quite unproven, the future will judge the decision in the end. Ive said for a while hes done here.

Meh, doubt we will regret it to much myself like.

He looks a pretty decent player and hes still very young, but dont think hes gonna be a top, top player myself, but I am basing it on the 40minutes or so hes played for us, so its not an amazingly qualified judgement like.

Golovin went to monaco from CSKA for €30mil last summer. So theres a precedent.

I feel like Marco and Marcel have decided to take the money and run with Vlasic, Lookmanand Holgate etc.

All promising but we need funds, actual useable players and better attitude. It may come back to bite us in the long run but, in the short term, it would do us a lot of good getting proper players in.

No issue with management recycling players until they have their own squad.

Can we afford to give him a full season?

Shouldn’t we just get better in?
Suppose it'll depend on him wanting to fight for his place and without seeing what the season on loan has done for him to know what better is.

Profit while we can on 22 year olds is the short sighted thinking we should be done with
He's barely played in England and many players, especially who are good in Russia/Eastern Europe, never develop to play well in England.

It really depends how Silva likes him though, in the end. Personally I like the kid, but we have the tendency to overhype our own anyway, so there's also that.

Not saying profiting is the right idea for him here tho, just an idea that's out there. Alternatively we can let him go to another club on loan in, for example, Germany? Who knows.
16m Euros seems cheap, if that is indeed the price, but as you say hes quite unproven, the future will judge the decision in the end. Ive said for a while hes done here.

Meh, doubt we will regret it to much myself like.

He looks a pretty decent player and hes still very young, but dont think hes gonna be a top, top player myself, but I am basing it on the 40minutes or so hes played for us, so its not an amazingly qualified judgement like.
Same really. He's looked alright and lively, but England =/= Russia/Europe.

Would much rather see Vlasic and Lookman on the wing rather than Walcott FFS. His wages have to be entirely reasonable so give him a shot to win a place in the side. If not, then flog him. He's done well enough in Mother Russia to have a profitable market.

Would much rather see Vlasic and Lookman on the wing rather than Walcott FFS. His wages have to be entirely reasonable so give him a shot to win a place in the side. If not, then flog him. He's done well enough in Mother Russia to have a profitable market.
I just hate Lookman on the right. He clearly is more comfortable on the left.

Vlasic just doesn't seem like he wants to be here. He looks to be the perfect backup for Sigurdsson, too, based on how he's playing in Russia, but if he wants gone, see-ya. He doesn't seem like he has the right skillset to play out wide for us - although it's really more of an inside forward type.

Golovin should be a cautionary tale, not an example, though. He seems very out of sorts and inconsistent in France.

Is he fast enough to play out wide in the PL? I think of him as a potential 10. I would see him as a backup for Sigurdsson. I know he played wide for Koeman in the few games he played, but the less said about that mess the better.

But I agree - we have so many players on multiple-year contracts who we'll have to sell below what we paid, or let go on frees- he's one of only a few who have the potential to turn a profit, he's not a sure thing, he doesn't want to be here, get what we can for him.

That was the problem Vlasic isn't a winger,yet we seem hell bent on playing CM's out wide.If Gomes doesn't sign he might (might) save us some money better spent getting a striker in.

Status
Not open for further replies.