2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have a difficulty with a lot of our younger players going forward , including Vlasic,Holgate,Dowell,Kenny and the others.

Marco Silva will be under pressure next season to be in the mix for a top six finish. I think where we finished this season was just about acceptable for a first season but may not be next season.
He will not be able to give young players the time and space in the team to learn and make mistakes that young players can make, the managers own job will be on the line as well.

I think we have a difficulty with a lot of our younger players going forward , including Vlasic,Holgate,Dowell,Kenny and the others.

Marco Silva will be under pressure next season to be in the mix for a top six finish. I think where we finished this season was just about acceptable for a first season but may not be next season.
He will not be able to give young players the time and space in the team to learn and make mistakes that young players can make, the managers own job will be on the line as well.
I wouldn't agree with that to be honest. I think a large part of Brands' philosophy is developing young players. It will be a balancing act between being savvy in the market and as high as possible in the league.

I didn't watch any CSKA but his numbers are impressive and if he was someone we were looking to buy I'd be excited. The problem is Lookman couldn't get a game after even more impressive loan showings so what would change with Vlasic? Similarly it would be a shame to sell him without ever really finding out if he can do it or not.

I didn't watch any CSKA but his numbers are impressive and if he was someone we were looking to buy I'd be excited. The problem is Lookman couldn't get a game after even more impressive loan showings so what would change with Vlasic? Similarly it would be a shame to sell him without ever really finding out if he can do it or not.
I mean... Niasse scored nearly a goal every 2 games (on average) in Russia, it's not exactly a fantastic league.

That said, I believe there's a player in there, but can/should/will we develop him or sell for a profit now when we can?

The problem is any roles he would like to play in are filled by much better players (Siggy/Richarlison) which means he will be forced to sit on the bench and moan to the press because he isn't starting every week like he did for CSKA. He'd be a very useful player for us but his probably best to sell.

Honest question -- Can we really say we should be impressed with his Champions League performance - especially against Real Madrid - given how terrible Real Madrid has been overall? Everyone's so quick to judge and rate him as the midfielder we are missing based on that match alone.

*I would love nothing more than for Vlasic to come in and challenge for a first team spot, not a Vlasic hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.