2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crowd is flat due to the overall quality of the football being dire for quite a long time.

Give the crowd footy that`s exciting and the atmosphere lifts accordingly.

I`ve been going to the match for over forty years, so I like to think I`m qualified to comment on the " atmosphere " within the ground.

In a nutshell, give the crowd something to cheer about and they will respond accordingly.

Thats fair enough. I agree to a certain extent. But times have changedm we are up against some teams now. We are outside top 6 and need every extra advantage to break into that not ti mind top 4. As i have said all the finest details are looked at to give teams the slighest advantage. A positive vocal support at home isnt a finest detail. Its a big detail so my point is why doesnt the club do something about it. It doesnt mean a flag waving fare. But a section of vocal support fan and club organised. The days where we can be a reactive support are gone. We arent good enough and teams above us have cash we will wont be to spend. Finally i am nit saying that it makes us play better football. I am not saying it will effect every game. (When i have posted similiar the comeback from people who disagree is they think i am stating a good atmsphere will immediately get us a result and play good football. ) nobody is saying that. But it will make a difference points wise over the whole season. A game here and there from a draw to a win. Players will acknowledge this. Ask celtic players how much enegry and focus they get from european night matches at celtic park. They play very average football against top european teams and get results. The positive atmosphere helps them get results.hopefully a standing section in new and new stadium will change the mentality of out support (and of course better players ;) l

"The team was terrified by everything, the fans mostly,"

That settles the argument. The fans are detrimental to our team's performances.

I recall the exact moment it started turning toxic: 3-1 up against QPR in 2014 and the team made a succession of backwards passes while (sensibly) starting to see the game out.

I think there has been a culture of bottling it...hopefully the very inspiring AGM will provide a catalyst for extirpating that loser mentality.

He's a total weapon.

Last season, i thought he was boss. But why is he so mouthy? For me, it seems like the reason he was frozen out is cause hes a "bad egg".

I call these types a player a 1 in 7 otherwise known as the McFadden Scale. You get something good from them about 1 in 7 games - a bit like McFadden. We sign a lot of them unfortunately.
Totally agree. He scores for cska and everyone is on about getting him back, we then hear nothing about him for a few weeks, cos he hasn't done a lot and it goes quiet. Wham! He scores again, and the cycle continues.
you don't hear about it because no one outside Moscow gives a monkeys aboutCSKA, he made the news when he scored against teams in the CL because people are arsed abar that
Imagine someone like Pickford or Gomes came out and said all this. Nothing wrong with anything he's said.

I reckon myself we should be keeping him. We've wasted him out on the wing so many times, CM is his natural position. From what I hear he has been superb for CSKA there, important to remember also the lad is only 21 and has a big future ahead of him yet.
TBO its little unfair from you two saying that, he is top rated player in Russian league according to whoscored, and was i best 11 in champions league. That shows cosistency, earned him a call in national team and cannot be achieved by playing good in 1/7 matches. But then again, time will tell who was wright or wrong.

He's been player of the month there most months and is one for their player of the year award i think.

If it was a Russian kid with his level and age there he'd be rated at €30mil as per the last chap sold to monaco last season

It really is not unfair, he scores, everyone goes on about him, then it goes quiet cos he does. I know he is doing well there but is it enough for this league?

AS you say, we will wait and see.

Well its a winter break there so thats probably why...

Hes alsonnit only doing well, hes the best performing player in the league.

The crowd is flat due to the overall quality of the football being dire for quite a long time.

Give the crowd footy that`s exciting and the atmosphere lifts accordingly.

I`ve been going to the match for over forty years, so I like to think I`m qualified to comment on the " atmosphere " within the ground.

In a nutshell, give the crowd something to cheer about and they will respond accordingly.

No mate. We went 1-0 up with an early goal against Watford and they still couldn't be arsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.