2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know that to be true.

I applaud him for saying it.

I have posted a number of times over the last 4 years on the lack of atmosphere in goodison (a place once famed for having such a positive effect on our average teams) and many think the poor atmosphere should have no effect on players. I dont get this. With the millions spent on small details i cannot understand how the club does not try to do something positive in realtion to support during matches. A positive supportive goodison is worth 10 points a season. Those who dont think so musnt have been around long enough to have seen the effect positive support has have years ago. It has been so bad last 4 years. Negative or else so quite one could hear a pin drop.

I have posted a number of times over the last 4 years on the lack of atmosphere in goodison (a place once famed for having such a positive effect on our average teams) and many think the poor atmosphere should have no effect on players. I dont get this. With the millions spent on small details i cannot understand how the club does not try to do something positive in realtion to support during matches. A positive supportive goodison is worth 10 points a season. Those who dont think so musnt have been around long enough to have seen the effect positive support has have years ago. It has been so bad last 4 years. Negative or else so quite one could hear a pin drop.
The club are open to any ideas on the atmosphere, but it won't change unless we change it, that's a fact

"The team was terrified by everything, the fans mostly,"

That settles the argument. The fans are detrimental to our team's performances.
This isnt news, how did anyone think 50k people booing wouldnt affect performances? Getting payed well or not, Everton wasnt a fun place to work last season, and sadly, some seems to be turning on the new regime already. Back to making players fear playing for us, I guess.

The crowd is flat due to the overall quality of the football being dire for quite a long time.

Give the crowd footy that`s exciting and the atmosphere lifts accordingly.

I`ve been going to the match for over forty years, so I like to think I`m qualified to comment on the " atmosphere " within the ground.

In a nutshell, give the crowd something to cheer about and they will respond accordingly.

The crowd is flat due to the overall quality of the football being dire for quite a long time.

Give the crowd footy that`s exciting and the atmosphere lifts accordingly.

I`ve been going to the match for over forty years, so I like to think I`m qualified to comment on the " atmosphere " within the ground.

In a nutshell, give the crowd something to cheer about and they will respond accordingly.
Always an interesting question, this.

Is the crowd supposed to support the club and its players?

Or does the crowd only support the club in good times/when it's winning/etc.

Many clubs/teams in all sports have fanbases that seem to spur on their teams to achieve more than others. Pick the team up when they are down, so to speak.

After Bobby's first year, generally the atmosphere at Goodison hasn't benefited the players.

It just is what it is

This isnt news, how did anyone think 50k people booing wouldnt affect performances? Getting payed well or not, Everton wasnt a fun place to work last season, and sadly, some seems to be turning on the new regime already. Back to making players fear playing for us, I guess.
I'd love to know a fanbase that would have cheered the team on last year. A bunch of professionals playing at 50% of their potential lead by a clueless fat guy who took the p**s out of the fans at every opportunity and continues to do so now we've sacked him.

Its all well and good saying that fans need to support the team, but if you've paid to travel to Goodison and watch the game, the least that should be expected is for the team to have a go at the opponent. We saw none of that last year.

Booing the team can be warranted. Most of the time it is totally uncalled for. But last year was not one of those times. The people who boo atm, if they do, are absolute fools.

Always an interesting question, this.

Is the crowd supposed to support the club and its players?

Or does the crowd only support the club in good times/when it's winning/etc.

Many clubs/teams in all sports have fanbases that seem to spur on their teams to achieve more than others. Pick the team up when they are down, so to speak.

After Bobby's first year, generally the atmosphere at Goodison hasn't benefited the players.

It just is what it is

I`ve seen some dreadful footy over the years mate. The crowd used to give the players dogs abuse - remember the cushions being launched onto the pitch if they`d played badly.

The players years ago used to get much more stick.

Ale that wasn`t gnats piss like Chang, was freely available within the ground and a good percentage of fans were pissed too, which certainly stoked things up too.

Been saying for ages that the fans’ negative atmosphere, unrealistic expectations, and general impatience must be a large part of why the team crumbles in certain situations. Kind of glad to have it confirmed by Vlasic.

Been saying for ages that the fans’ negative atmosphere, unrealistic expectations, and general impatience must be a large part of why the team crumbles in certain situations. Kind of glad to have it confirmed by Vlasic.

That's not what he said

As this chap translated for us

No he didn't, it was a bad translation. He said the fans were terrified by the play style under Sam and so were the players. This season the position in league table might not show that but Everton under Silva plays much more attractive football and the result will come eventually. He watches every Everon match.

Status
Not open for further replies.