2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to what I’ve heard, Marco took exception to his loan request. Vlasic supposedly was shocked that Marco reacted that way. It may just be mind games from Marco (I rate you! how dare you request a loan!), but I’d wager something happened.

If that's the case hopefully Silva realises it's actually turned out to be the right thing to do and doesn't hold grudges. If Vlasic had stayed he would barely have played and he would have run his mouth even more.

If Brands and Silva see a pathway for him into the first team and believe his talent is worth it then I’m sure they won’t just let him slip away. If they don’t rate him though then a few good moments in the CL or international als won’t change that. After the success of the summer window I trust Dilva and Brands to get it right with Vlasic one way or another.

The issue is going to be whether we can find a role for him within the system.

I did an article on him about 3 weeks back and in fairness he has been very impressive. However what we should have learned over the last 2 years is that collected individually good players and lumping them together rarely works out well.

For CSKA he is player as one of 2 number 10's (in a 3-4-3). I can't imagine us playing that way, or ever playing 2 number 10's given Silva's desire for wingers. In a central role, I think Silva wants a very mobile 10 who can get past the striker and help the press high up the pitch. Cleverley did this very effectively at Watford. It's difficult to see Vlasic in that role or even as one of the 2 deeper lying players.

I hope the kid does really well. I suspect he will go on and have a very good career. His performances so far give us every opportunity of doubling or even trebling our initial investment (of 8-11 million) and thats fair enough for me. If you bring younger players in, improve them and move them on at a profit you are not doing a lot wrong.

Alternatively though, Silva may well insist on integrating him and see a role. In fairness to the club they backed him over Lookman in the summer, so can't see him being sold unless the coach wants him gone, which is how it should be.

https://sempreinter.com/2018/11/20/...dmits-its-too-early-to-talk-about-his-future/

Inter Linked Vlasic's Agent Admits It's Too Early To Talk About His Future

FBL-EUR-C3-EVERTON-APPOLLON-LIMASSOL-768x511.jpg

Nikola Vlasic’s agent Tonci Martic has refused to rule out a move to Inter or other interested clubs but has insisted that his client will see out the remainder of his loan with CSKA Moscow.
“He is one of the best players in his generation. He will remain until the end of the season with CSKA Moscow, where he is on loan, then in the summer we will see what happens,” Martic said in an interview with TuttoMercatoWeb.

“Could he move to Inter or Roma? Let’s see, for now it is too soon to talk about it. He is valued at around €15-20 million so it is a feasible operation for the top five or six clubs to complete in Serie A. He has the right mindset in order to impose himself in these top clubs.”
The 21-year-old attacker has played 14 games while on loan with the Russian giants and has scored five goals and tallied two assists in the process.

https://sempreinter.com/2018/11/20/...dmits-its-too-early-to-talk-about-his-future/

Inter Linked Vlasic's Agent Admits It's Too Early To Talk About His Future

FBL-EUR-C3-EVERTON-APPOLLON-LIMASSOL-768x511.jpg

Nikola Vlasic’s agent Tonci Martic has refused to rule out a move to Inter or other interested clubs but has insisted that his client will see out the remainder of his loan with CSKA Moscow.
He is one of the best players in his generation. He will remain until the end of the season with CSKA Moscow, where he is on loan, then in the summer we will see what happens,” Martic said in an interview with TuttoMercatoWeb.

“Could he move to Inter or Roma? Let’s see, for now it is too soon to talk about it. He is valued at around €15-20 million so it is a feasible operation for the top five or six clubs to complete in Serie A. He has the right mindset in order to impose himself in these top clubs.”
The 21-year-old attacker has played 14 games while on loan with the Russian giants and has scored five goals and tallied two assists in the process.
I like the boy but LOL at this

Well to be fair to his agent he can’t really say he’s an average player that’s a bit lightweight and is inclined to be a moody bugger and has a mouthy family
Wouldn’t be his agent for very long would he
He's also under long term contract to Everton. Not even mentioning that fact in his statement is not doing the kid any favours. It undermines the club but doesn't do anything to diminish the strong position we are in as regards his contract. The comments only serve to alienate the player more from the Everton supporters.

Come the summer, if the player continues his current form Brands and Silva will want to take a look at him, and they won't be dictated to by what the player or his agent want as they showed with Lookman last summer. If we continue our current form we'll end up with some form of European competition next season, and we will also have become a team renowned for playing open attacking football. With the prospect of more game time in a team playing football that suits his style, the player himself may be happy to stay at Everton come the summer.

As I said, these comments are not in the players best interest. If anything, all it will do is make the club more resolved to do what they want to do. All the agent had to say is that the player will return to Everton in the summer and take it from there.

The one thing we do know is that, if WE decide that the players future does indeed lie elsewhere, then we will get the best possible price for him in the summer and his current form will only enhance that.

If the lad had any sense he'd have been asking Pickford what it's like at the club now Silva has settled in.

Whether you like Vlasic or not, you can't deny that the club must have been an awful place to be last season for a young attacking player like him.

Spot on, yannick bolasie playing over any professional footballer speaks volumes for how bad our club was run last year

has he even started a game for mid table villa yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.