Nikica Jelavic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, an offer of £6m for Nikica Jelavic has been accepted by Rangers. £3.5m up front, the rest in installments. The fee for Jelavic could rise to £7.5m depending on his success at the club. Rangers signed Jelavic for £4m, so no immediate profit for them if these figures are correct.

End of the day if Jelavic is the man Moyes wants then you just have to trust him. I only see Everton when they are on the TV so I am not too sure on the formation you mainly adopt?

He might be coming from the SPL, which is of a poor standard but there are guys who have moved from Scotland to the Premiership and done not too bad (ones who have flopped as well but). Adam, Ferguson, Arteta, McCarthy, Dorrans... Players from the Balkans are usually pretty reliable.

Jelavic is not an out and out goalscorer and you have to take into consideration that he spent a lot of his time at Rapid Wien on the left side of a front three. Jelavic - Salihi - Boskovic

He is a good player who will score goals but that's not what his game is all about. He will drop deep and move out wide to pick up the ball. He is not the quickest of players but he's not slow. Two good feet, can hold the ball up, beat a man, very good touch, movement and he is intelligent. He is decent in the air and get's into goalscoring position. He does miss good chances, needs someone up alongside him and is at his best when the ball is played into his feet. I rate Jelavic, I think some go a bit OTT when talking about him but he is a good player.

Surrounded by better players in a better league and I think he would flourish.

Who would you compare him to?

What is the fascination with Rodallega... and before anyone says because he scores more than Saha (averages about 1 goal in 3 games across his career , but only 1 in 4 since being at Wigan), so do most strikers in the Prem!

Would prefer Jelavic personally.

on the nail was thinking this rodallega does not score enough for your main striker velios would get more than him in a season given a run, averages 10 goals a season at wigan not good enough doyle does not exactly bang them in either

i think jelly man will do better than both of them if we get him , on another note hoylett would be a great asset to us pace direct to replace landon when he goes .

just watched a video of his goals for rangers the guy can finish really he can and take a cracking free kick none of our strikers do that i hope we get him and give him a go 4 to 5 mill safe enough chance we got 4 mill for becks

Status
Not open for further replies.