2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
And changing two positions from the last game just for the loss of digne really doesn't create stability at the back

Yep, I'd say that was his biggest mistake yesterday.

I thought Davies done ok but either him or Iwobi at RWB and Nkounkou LwB or at worst Delph as at least he's had experience playing in that position. Experience tells you what body position to be in and Iwobi struggled massively yesterday on that side compared to last week.

He certainly made it harder work for himself Ancelotti yesterday.

I'd rather we played someone in their natural position than try and crowbar a player in there.

Our first choice left-back is injured, Niels Nkounkou is a left-back... play him. If Ancelotti believes that Nkounkou is not good enough to play, then that's a failure on the managers part for not ensuring we have adequate cover, of the required standard, in that position.

I'd rather we played someone in their natural position than try and crowbar a player in there.

Our first choice left-back is injured, Niels Nkounkou is a left-back... play him. If Ancelotti believes that Nkounkou is not good enough to play, then that's a failure on the managers part for not ensuring we have adequate cover, of the required standard, in that position.
And that applies to the right back situation if the manager wasn't happy with Kenny as a back up to Coleman then another one should have been brought in even on loan

Lads, the only PL game he played in he was clearly not up to the level. He was badly exposed

He looks like one for the future, most definitely.

no he didn’t, he played left back with Delph being the midfielder who filled in when he went forward, he had Gomes in front of him.

im not saying that he’s not going to be good, but all this hope pinned onto someone who wasn’t even supposed to be near the first team this year seems rather silly

no mate, thought he played great in the cup games but was badly exposed at Newcastle

But I’m of the opinion that a world renowned, experienced manager who has been the game for 40 years knows far more about players than any of us can ever dream of.

So what he sees on the training pitch, the discussion he has with his players and the reasons for them playing or not playing are made through his knowledge.

And if that means that against Burnley he hands Niels a start, then so be it. If he doesn’t, then that’s perfectly fine with me

Id say...

Salford + Fleetwood he was 8/10 or 9/10.
West ham 7/10 and Newcastle 6/10.

Also dont forget he was playing with Delph + Gomes against Newcastle...

What amazed me was why he didnt get more games with Gordon so they could build an understanding together which looked potentially great when we saw it.

Makes no sense to me to play Iwobi or Delph ahead of him...

Yes I agree, although I think Kenny has an injury... but I'm not certain about that.
He’s been training since the international break, he travelled to Fulham, Carlo said he was available but didn’t make the match day squad, he’s in the photos and videos of training this week...Carlo alluded to him still coming back from injury in his pre match interview. He’s fit, Carlo’s not an idiot though and it’s an easy way to shut down questions about his bizarre team selections.

He’s been training since the international break, he travelled to Fulham, Carlo said he was available but didn’t make the match day squad, he’s in the photos and videos of training this week...Carlo alluded to him still coming back from injury in his pre match interview. He’s fit, Carlo’s not an idiot though and it’s an easy way to shut down questions about his bizarre team selections.

Cheers for that, I was a little confused about his fitness situation.

Has anybody worked out this particular mystery yet?
He’s a youngster that Carlo is not playing for whatever reason. Which likely means the same will happen as with Beni Benigime when he wasn’t playing at Wigan, somebody started the “ Beni Bighead “ rumour as to why he wasnt playing , it later emerged he was injured, but it became GOT fact . Expect a few ITKs taping their nose about bad boy Niels that an experienced manager 40 years his senior somehow finds too hot to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.