2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it’s not the start of the season and we don’t have Digne. Didn’t have Holgate at the start either.

You are missing my point that 3 CBs does not work, a straight back four does. Start with a choice of Keane and Holgate or Godfrey and Holgate but drop MIia. Niels at LB and Kenny if fit at RB with Iwobi in front.

You are missing my point that 3 CBs does not work, a straight back four does. Start with a choice of Keane and Holgate or Godfrey and Holgate but drop MIia. Niels at LB and Kenny if fit at RB with Iwobi in front.

How can you say that when it hasn’t really been tried? Iwobi on the wing and Kenny in the side doesn’t work either.

Mikeh, I am sure it has been tried by Carlo, certainly by other clubs and did not last long. To me a formation of 3-5-2 is a disaster waiting to happen.

They use it a lot in italy and we mostly use a 3421

I like the traditional back 4 as well, but with Coleman and Digne healthy. Without them, Carlo has to get creative. Give it a shot.

Last edited:

Nkounkou would suit a wing back role perfectly. Kenny isn’t a Premier League player.

Better at RB than Godfrey and with Iwobi in front. Mind mate all a matter of opinion. We will have to wait and see what Catlo's choices are. Just hope Siggy is not selected now that would be like entering a donkey in the Derby.

Mikeh, I am sure it has been tried by Carlo, certainly by other clubs and did not last long. To me a formation of 3-5-2 is a disaster waiting to happen.
Totally agree. Unless you’re the dominant team, when it can be a very effective formation, it far too easily becomes a back 5 and the midfield get completely overrun. If you’re a centre back, you want protection in front of you to cut out through balls and stop the other team running directly at you, an extra man beside you is no use, it’s more confusing than anything else.

Better at RB than Godfrey and with Iwobi in front. Mind mate all a matter of opinion. We will have to wait and see what Catlo's choices are. Just hope Siggy is not selected now that would be like entering a donkey in the Derby.
Kenny offers nothing. A back 3 and wing backs that are more attacking minded like Iwobi and Nkounkou actually gives us something to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.