2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d suggest anyone writing him off as not ready based on the Newcastle game is having a laugh, he had André Gomes as his closest attacking outlet.

Now, that’s not to say I think he is ready (that’s completely unfounded as well), but at this stage any opinion on his ability to make the step up is just guess work. Richarlison in front of him and hopefully Holgate at LCB should give him a lot more help if he’s picked tomorrow.

You can’t really judge him on the last one he played as he and Kenny were left for dead in that game. We have to a much better way this time around to make them available. We can’t isolate them again or the end result will be the same.

This is what he came here for, to play games, with Digne out either he's good enough or or not and from what we've seen so far he looks good enough.

In fairness though, all defensive combinations have been a disaster this season really haven't they? I think in general we need more defensive cover, not less, so I'm happy to persevere with a back 3.

Not at season start they were it was after none of the CBs knew who to mark, where to cover and also one of them was Mina, there was your disaster and Coleman was out so no RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.