2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nkounkou grabs his chance against Newcastle. I'd like Digne to be played as RB in the next if Coleman is out.
Poses an interesting question this - has he ever played at RB in his career? We know he's generally great at LB, but how would he fare on the other side given he's left-footed I wonder...

Poses an interesting question this - has he ever played at RB in his career? We know he's generally great at LB, but how would he fare on the other side given he's left-footed I wonder...
Given that his biggest strength is overlapping the winger and putting balls in with his left foot, I’d say playing him on the right would be futile. He may be able to do a job defensively speaking, but you’re taking away one of the teams biggest assets in doing so.
IMO, like.

Given that his biggest strength is overlapping the winger and putting balls in with his left foot, I’d say playing him on the right would be futile. He may be able to do a job defensively speaking, but you’re taking away one of the teams biggest assets in doing so.
I'd imagine so too..

But it's not the worst shout ever, mind. You're arguably taking away that part of his game, yes, but at least he has plenty of experience at full back either way.. something Godfrey doesn't yet have.

we need our right back to contribute going forward though thats the main problem if godfrey has to play.

this ^^^^

the reason , or at least one of the reasons James wasn’t effective against saints was that he was easy to pick up . This was largely down to the fact that Godfrey didn’t overlap him once in the entire game . Coleman , even with his horrendous crossing, still takes players on, and gets ahead of James, taking the man with him and letting James cut inside and find a yard, and we all know what he can do then.

Looking forward to see what conker tree can do. Need a sparky player to get the energy up as the supper massive black hole that is sig did a lot of damage last week.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.