Nico Kovac

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has, he has been there a long time too and River Plate are a massive club.

Kovac was only at Frankfurt for two seasons and won a cup and got to a final.

They are both good managers seemingly.
They are, but he’s also the most successful manager in their entire history

It's all in the mix. If Arsenal were his target he'd have just flown in for them and stopped in London.

I think his agent is hawking him about. We'll see.

The significance for us, though, is that he'll have been interviewed. That tells you were the board's mind is at and how high the bar is they're setting.

I am a little underwhelmed with Kovac, as I have questioned here I am not sure his job at Frankfurt was quite as good as people suggest. He's finished 8th and 11th with them, but in fairness they were in the bottom 3 when he took over. I think Hutter has done a more impressive job with them on the face of it (though Kovac did win a cup). Maybe Kovac laid more foundations for that success, I am not sure?
Could just be that Eintracht have got things right at boardroom and DOF level which gives the managers an environment that they can do well in.

It's all in the mix. If Arsenal were his target he'd have just flown in for them and stopped in London.

I think his agent is hawking him about. We'll see.

The significance for us, though, is that he'll have been interviewed. That tells you were the board's mind is at and how high the bar is they're setting.
Is this info from your newly discovered imaginary scout friend?

And yet you are impressed by Gallardo who has similar league positions and won cups (he has been there longer)?

He would also be a huge risk.

Personally I would be OK with both of them but you never know with managers.
Gallardo has won a LOT of cups to be fair

Its well publicised when reading about him that he deliberately rests the 1st 11 before/after cup games and plays the other squad members and youth in the league those times.

They may be a big club but arent wealthy, i think Flamengos squad is a lot more expensive for example.

Easy to forget that they were relegated in 2011 and he took over and made them the best side in South America for the past few years.

He has, he has been there a long time too and River Plate are a massive club.

Kovac was only at Frankfurt for two seasons and won a cup and got to a final.

They are both good managers seemingly.
They are, but he’s also the most successful manager in their entire history

Imagine that the bloke is 43 and won the league in Uruguay at the first attempt, took some time off and then turned River Plate into the best side on the continent.

43 and the best manager in their history.

It would be a coup.

Kovac on the other hand, saved Eintracht from relegation and got to 11th and 8th + a cup. Then 3 trophies at bayern before it collapsed.

I see why some want Kovac but for me its high risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.