Next Target: Stephen Appiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
According to SkySports.com, Everton manager David Moyes has set his sight on Fenerbache's highly rated midfielder Stephen Appiah.

Appiahs future has been under intense speculation all summer, with several clubs being linked with a move for the ex-Juventus player but Everton may have the edge over foreign sides as it is thought the Ghana international is eager to play in the Premier League.

sounds good, hope the O/S make some sort of announcement regarding going after him etc... 2 days to go

According to SkySports.com, Everton manager David Moyes has set his sight on Fenerbache's highly rated midfielder Stephen Appiah.

Appiahs future has been under intense speculation all summer, with several clubs being linked with a move for the ex-Juventus player but Everton may have the edge over foreign sides as it is thought the Ghana international is eager to play in the Premier League.

O happy days if we can beat all the other clubs - (I'm looking at you west ham and city) - who will come in for him. And compete on the wages.

this is the perfect replacement for fernandes. Yakubu and Appiah and maybe some cover at the back for Yobo/Stubbs/Lescott on loan and we are looking good for the season.

Really neither of them would be good enough to take the place of Manny, Nolan or Appiah. IMO complete waste of money so I hope Moyes is not falling back on them.:(

The only thing that I am starting to think is that if we sign Appiah- Yakubu we already have Yobo and Anichebe that is potentially 4 players of to the African nations?! Bloody hell.

Mick, he is not yet an Everton player and neither is Yak. About Yak let us hope he remains in dispute with the Nigerian coach.

if vogel is available cheaply there is no harm getting him in as well as appiah (or whoever it is). We have lost so many players, the more the better.

I don't think Dioup is good enough to be honest. He's tall and strong, but if he isn't playing for Fulham and didn't play well enough for Fulham previously, why would he be good for us.

Appiah is a player that could easily start for a team in the top 4 - a chelsea or a man U. This is the sort of quality we need to be looking at.

O happy days if we can beat all the other clubs - (I'm looking at you west ham and city) - who will come in for him. And compete on the wages.

this is the perfect replacement for fernandes. Yakubu and Appiah and maybe some cover at the back for Yobo/Stubbs/Lescott on loan and we are looking good for the season.

-'cover at the back' ??! -what's Jagielka for then?
passing, penetrative midielder is main need. Is Appiah the real deal? -the other names are either combative, holding players [Diopp,Vogel] -of which we are already well blessed, or goalscorers [Nolan-too similar to:huh: Tiny Tim]

Mick, he is not yet an Everton player and neither is Yak. About Yak let us hope he remains in dispute with the Nigerian coach.

Yak is now..

But even if Appiah leaves for the african nations I'd still love to have him with us.. we'll have him at our disposal 23 months of 24.

not all the sides will be involved for the full competition.

all we have to do is nobble (ahem) the nigerian and ghana players that dont play for everton.

someone get on the phone to jason bourne.

I have liked both Utaka and Appiah. I have been really impressed with Utaka so far in the prem. So if Appiah could show similar flair he should be a great pickup for us. Can we get things done in such a short period of time and not overlook Notlob.

Status
Not open for further replies.