Votes: 21 2.1%
  • My choice isnt here, you really suck at polls

Votes: 161 15.8%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

Votes: 57 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even going to pretend this isn't premature. But I do think the type of thinking we actually should use is there. Find a guy with a system, who uses young players and who can keep his team from playing afraid and give him time. Marsch getting his team to rally in the second half at Anfield from 3-0 is noteworthy even with the eventual defeat. We need someone who will play without fear.

Hes playing without fear cos there is nothing to fear.

Hes got a cushy job in a pretty rubbish league, so he goes to Anfield with no pressure.

Put him in at Goodison and he will know true fear.

Anyway, im rooting for him later, for sure!

The club needs a manager who knows the club, who can generate optimism and aggression in order for the fans to regain their confidence
and to start a new chapter.

What EFC does not need is a Marcelino-type who is another Emery type: bad knowledge of English, of the Premier League, no idea
about EFC.

Big Dunc comes straight in and plays 4-2-2 after the last manager repeatedly said that it does no work, he injected passion and connected
with the crowd. Did you see any players walking around? No. Most tackles by EFC in a match in a decade.Incredible.

For how many years have we had to watch Everton's number 9 do a Robinson Crusoe - on his todd, looking on the horizon for help, feeding off scraps,
and now with Richarlison at no.10, DCL can prosper.

Solution at least till summer= Duncan

I feel judging Duncan on the back of 1 game is slightly premature.

I mean im currently down for giving him an 8 year contract, but might be prudent to consider that it wont happen every week.

The 442 is meaningless in this I feel.

I think we could have played any formation in the world and still won, those players werent losing that game.

Hes playing without fear cos there is nothing to fear.

Hes got a cushy job in a pretty rubbish league, so he goes to Anfield with no pressure.

Put him in at Goodison and he will know true fear.

Anyway, im rooting for him later, for sure!
The league is complete garbage. People would lose it the first time we dropped points if we appointed someone from it. At the same time this guy is probably going to get a chance to manage RBL at some point so he's got a future. But ultimately he isn't for us.

I mean im currently down for giving him an 8 year contract, but might be prudent to consider that it wont happen every week.

I think we could have played any formation in the world and still won, those players werent losing that game.
We'll see if the 442 is meaningless in the next game or two I feel. The direct option, bypassing our biggest vulnerability helped without doubt.

And if 442 did have a difference in our next 10 days, then I wouldn't be against making him caretaker until end of year as he'll pass the relegation test easily. And it allows us the time to actual make the right decision, for once.

pl
We'll see if the 442 is meaningless in the next game or two I feel. The direct option, bypassing our biggest vulnerability helped without doubt.

And if 442 did have a difference in our next 10 days, then I wouldn't be against making him caretaker until end of year as he'll pass the relegation test easily. And it allows us the time to actual make the right decision, for once.

Ive said the 442 is a dead formation, but Leicester made it work, Marcelino and other managers in the world make it work, it can work, you just need your players to buy into the system. The tactics and formation were spot on, Chelsea murdered us on the ball, 70% possession at home, we didnt try and compete, we just sailed it over their heads.

Nowt wrong with tactics that work.

If you have players that will die for you on the pitch, like all ours did, then tactics dont matter, Leicester is the perfect example, the will to win is the greatest tactic in the world!

Ive said the 442 is a dead formation, but Leicester made it work, Marcelino and other managers in the world make it work, it can work, you just need your players to buy into the system. The tactics and formation were spot on, Chelsea murdered us on the ball, 70% possession at home, we didnt try and compete, we just sailed it over their heads.

If you have players that will die for you on the pitch, like all ours did, then tactics dont matter, Leicester is the perfect example, the will to win is the greatest tactic in the world!

What I'm taking from this is that Everton need to hire Nigel Pearson for two years then fire him.

Any system can work, if you have the players for it. I bet someone could make the old W-M system work if they had the right personnel. Heck, one of these old systems could easily be more effective due to its rarity if someone was brave enough to try!

The whole game felt like pure emotion and the players wanted to give him a win. We would definitely need more games to see how he copes.

You have to wonder if doing a Lampard would be good for Duncan, show he can manage a championship team then come back in 18 months when we’ve sacked the next guy we bring in

...so, it’s looking like Periera will be in charge for the United game. Odds-on in the betting. I have to say, I’m very surprised and underwhelmed. He seems like a maverick and I doubt we need a maverick in this situation. Regardless, I do think it’s lots to do with right man, right place, right time.

I do think this confirms Moshiri isn’t selecting the new Manager as I doubt he’ll be aware of him.

One thing’s for sure, 4-2-3-1 certainly is dead.

...so, it’s looking like Periera will be in charge for the United game. Odds-on in the betting. I have to say, I’m very surprised and underwhelmed. He seems like a maverick and I doubt we need a maverick in this situation. Regardless, I do think it’s lots to do with right man, right place, right time.

I do think this confirms Moshiri isn’t selecting the new Manager as I doubt he’ll be aware of him.

The betting has had 4 or 5 different odds on favourites since Silva was sacked - I’ve given up believing it.

I think all the manager selections after Martinez are made the final decision by Moshiri. I actually not think Bill would choose the past managers, such as Koeman and Silva, with big compensation to their current club. All the choices are out of people normal expectations since their track records are not exciting and persuasive

Status
Not open for further replies.