Votes: 21 2.1%
  • My choice isnt here, you really suck at polls

Votes: 161 15.8%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

Votes: 57 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it comes to pass, it's a Kenwright appointment approved by Moshiri. That means Brands is sidelined.

We all knew Martinez was getting the job when Moyes left and it seemed to me at the time that Pereira and Rangnick were interviewed just for the sake of imitating a process.

It can't be a coincidence these are now linked again and it does seem Pereira is favourite. You're right, it suggests agents are driving this which cannot ever mean that the club's best interests are the prime consideration.

We need to get at least a full three year contract out of the next manager so by that yardstick alone, and there are plenty of others, we shouldn't even consider this guy.

I do wonder why Kenwright would go back to a manager who he didn't want 6 years ago? It strikes me as Moshiri has been approached by an agent/

This whole paragraph smacks of "we don't know what the hell is going on in the Everton manager search" and, more importantly, an agent feeding nonsense.

Everton are in discussions over a three-year contract for Vitor Pereira to become their new manager.

Positive talks have taken place with the Portuguese although his present club, Shanghai SIPG, are prepared to make a lucrative counter offer to keep him in China.

It is understood that it remains Pereira’s preference to return to coach at a major European club and Everton are hopeful of appointing the 41 year-old, although they are aware that there could potentially be other offers for him.

Pereira earns an astonishing €23 million at Shanghai SIPG who are prepared to offer him even more money to stay even if it is just for one more year.

Pereira is the favourite for the permanent post, although there is a possibility that if he does not agree a deal Everton could pursue former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti, if he is sacked by Napoli.

Pereira is the preferred manager to Ancelotti? Time to fold up, if so.

I do just find this odd.

Plus he must have a screw lose to give up €30m to come to us!
Although I agree it’s odd to turn his back on that kind of money, I don’t quite understand the the almost unanimous negativity about his possible appointment on here and social media. Ok he might not be some peoples top choice but there’s far far worse candidates out there IMO. He wouldn’t be near the top of my list either, but I wouldn’t be unhappy if he’s chosen.

Moshiri is insane. I thought that after those AGM meetings and all the stuff he said about Lukaku. I'm assuming this will be his appointment with the backing of Brands?

I've just glanced over Pereira's last few years in football and he doesn't seem to have done quite well.

No idea if Pereira is a good or bad hire. But the process is disturbing.

The club can't afford to make a bad move and do this again in 12 months. It's arguably the most crucial appointment in a decade. It appears Dunc can manage the side adequately for at least a bit longer if time is needed.

Despite those things, the club might be on the verge of hiring a Silva-like manager on the basis that he was impressive 7 years ago and nearly got the job then. When that happened he was arguably at his peak of his career, and now we're going to hire our second choice whose CV has declined since?

It seems highly unlikely this is the direction Marcel chose, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.