Votes: 30 2.6%
  • Moyes

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • Other, please state

Votes: 89 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that Mourinho almost certainly isn’t coming here, what about his former assistant Andre Villas-Boas? He signed a two year deal with Marseille back in the summer and currently has them sitting second in the french league.

Given that Mourinho almost certainly isn’t coming here, what about his former assistant Andre Villas-Boas? He signed a two year deal with Marseille back in the summer and currently has them sitting second in the french league.
I think you’ve already answered your own question.
Let’s see, Marseille 2nd or Everton.

I like AVB.

Poch barely has a better winrate at Spurs as well.

22014–27415456.2
31942–1946492755.10
42012–2013804455.00

I don’t know. Surely we could pay significantly more than Marseille? Their record signing is Payet for £26m. Plus AVB might fancy a return to the PL.
Maybe at the end of the season but managing Marseille is a big deal and add the fact he has them near the top currently , I very much doubt he would jib them off mid-season to join Everton.

Maybe at the end of the season but managing Marseille is a big deal and add the fact he has them near the top currently , I very much doubt he would jib them off mid-season to join Everton.

You underestimate the attraction of the PL.

Its the NFL of Football - THE big league.

He would likely double his salary and have a bigger transfer budget to work with.

You underestimate the attraction of the PL.

Its the NFL of Football - THE big league.

He would likely double his salary and have a bigger transfer budget to work with.
Perhaps but I think you underestimate the attraction of leading one of Europe’s most famous clubs to a successful season.

AVB only lost 16 out of 80 at Spurs??
wow I did not realise that
Even though Tottenham finished a point behind the Champions League playoff spot, they set a new club record by finishing with 72 points.[33] This was also the highest points tally ever achieved by any club in the Premier League to consequently not finish in the top four.

@davek

On 16 December 2013, Tottenham announced that Villas-Boas had left the club "by mutual consent."[37] The dismissal, with Spurs lying seventh in the Premier League and having won all six of their Europa League group games, followed a series of disappointing domestic league results that included a 6–0 defeat away to Manchester City and culminated in a 0–5 home defeat to Liverpool.[38] Villas-Boas left the club with the highest percentage of league wins of any Tottenham manager in the club's Premier League era.[38]

His record at Spurs was pretty good, but his record at Chelsea was REALLY bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.