Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skybet have just offered me Koeman's head worth of 50 pence pieces in exchange for the £120 I'll be due for the bet I placed two weeks ago. Which should I take guys?

Why do you think we belong in the lower leagues?

Since Saints got promoted to the top division in 1966 they've been in the top division for about 75% of that time.
Believe it or not Saints the 12th best Premier League side on points won, Everton are 6th.
17th best on average points per game (1.2264), Everton are 10th (1.263).
We may not be as big a club as Everton but, we've earned our right to be where we are.

You are taking arbitrary points in your history. I could easily say since 2005 you've spent more than 50% of your time in the lower leagues, including the third tier.

Instead, I won't be arbitrary. Let's look at your entire history.

In over 130 years since your formation you only have 40 seasons of top flight football.

I agree you've earned your right to be in the top division, that's the nature of competitive football, but you just aren't on the same level.

Plucky though, to rise so quickly in recent years from the third tier to European football. Enjoy it while it lasts.

You can get better odds than that surely.

Nah, only Coral. But they are limiting it.

I'm not going to do it now anyway, too much uncertainty. During the Klopp deal, it was nailed on by multiple respected people so it was a different situation.

I might get on Emery or Pellegrini joining Milan with a low stake. Odds are 5/1 and 8/1 respectively

From Saints Web

I think their 'Guan' or 'k,billy' equivalent has said it's done. (not sure on the history of the poster tbh).

But the fact some of t heir fans are coming out with garbage like

''Underwhelmed''
''Chance to make a statement. We failed''

Seriously, who the **** do they think they are? Get a little bit of money and they all get excited. They actually thought Simeone or Jose were realistic. Wake up toffee's.

Dreadful misuse of an apostrophe at the end. Tsk.

I've been weary of Koeman from the start of this process. His previous record at clubs pre Southampton concerns me greatly.

However on a positive light it surely puts us in pole position to land Milik, and slightly less so Janssen. Every cloud and all that.... There is a whole new generation of young Dutch players coming through with massive potential. I hope this move allows us to benefit from that. But for me it'll always be about the one that got away.

We had a truly great chance to put out a statement

We failed

We only failed if we didn't try to get a top manager. If we did try yet were deemed not big enough for them then there was nothing we can do about it. We now need Koeman or whoever to now put us back in the fold and start to get noticed again and then the attraction will be there for the top managers. Just like City, just like Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.