Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A long time ago Shankly was once considered for the Everton managers job, so the story goes. He wasn't appointed because the board feared a supporter backlash. Benitez although a proven winner is no Shankly. After managing the other side and his quotes about us I could never see a scenario were employing him would lead to anything else but catastrophe. It's certainly thinking outside the box though.

That's all fair comment. The point is he's s top-level manager. Put it like this, if we're going into next season with RM and the Toon are still in the PL and are being managed by Benitez, I wouldn't be putting any money on us to finish above them

Thankfully you wont be here to see it.

Let me just make this clear, if it isn't clear already, I don't want us to appoint Benitez for obvious reasons, but saying he's not a good manager is daft.

If it wasn't for his RS past, we'd be creaming over Benitez, let's be honest. Newcastle have done a great coup there
exxcept there it is. A fat spanish waiter who labelled our club small time. I don't care what he could bring to Everton. Literally the only thing I want for him to be a part of Everton is that Everton relegates Benitez two years in a row with two different teams (one hopefully being Liverpool).

That's all fair comment. The point is he's s top-level manager. Put it like this, if we're going into next season with RM and the Toon are still in the PL and are being managed by Benitez, I wouldn't be putting any money on us to finish above them
The Skunks will be in the Championship mate...whoever their manager is.

The Skunks will be in the Championship mate...whoever their manager is.

I think they'll stay up if they appoint Benitez, they're certainly giving themselves a good chance anyway.

Say we appointed Pelegrini, would you be happy? I'd be delighted. Similar stature in football as Benitez for me. That's the point I'm making. We've got a guy who got Wigan relegated and has had two woeful seasons in a row for us.

I think they'll stay up if they appoint Benitez, they're certainly giving themselves a good chance anyway.

Say we appointed Pelegrini, would you be happy? I'd be delighted. Similar stature in football as Benitez for me. That's the point I'm making. We've got a guy who got Wigan relegated and has had two woeful seasons in a row for us.
Pellegrinis barely keeping them top 4. They should be winning the lot

Pellegrinis barely keeping them top 4. They should be winning the lot

Tough season there for them though, knwoing you're losing your job and that, must be hard for the whole club to be motivated. He's got pedigree though, which is what we should be looking for

Tough season there for them though, knwoing you're losing your job and that, must be hard for the whole club to be motivated. He's got pedigree though, which is what we should be looking for
Hes as stubborn as bobby, lacks a plan b, looks like Audrey off corrie and not matter the circumstances is drastically underperforming

Status
Not open for further replies.