Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have liked to seen Guillermo Barros Schelotto. Argentine legend.

He would have brought ALL the Argentinians with him. Higuain brothers. Messi. Strac.

Would only want Roberto moving on if an outstanding candidate flashed his knickers at us, the way Klopp did with the RS. I'd put Bielsa in that category, and presumably he'd consider it if he held talks with Swansea, but none of the other options listed do it for me. Though I honestly would take either Moyes or Benitez just for the laughs.

Martinez has built a squad we could only have dreamt of under Moyes. Players like Lukaku and Deulofeu did not consider signing for Moyes' Everton. 'Berto doesn't seem to be able to get them winning often enough, but I'm up for showing some of that oft-lauded but seldom-practiced patience to see if Martinez can learn from the mistakes he's making and eventually get more from our ostensibly excellent squad.

That said - I would like a bit more honesty from him in interviews. It's buried deep in the vaults but I specifcally remember posting on here in his first season when everyone was windmilling about how 'positive' Martinez was that we'd all change our tune when he was still using all the propaganda phrases in the midst of a slump in form. And so it has come to pass.

Yeah, Moyes was only capable of attracting absolute crap players like Arteta, Fellaini, Cahill, Yakubu, Lescott, Jagielka, Stones, Coleman , Pienaar and Mirallas.

Jose. I remember him saying he would never mange the rs. So first order of business after the takeover is appoint Jose, that's us sorted for 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.