Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if it's already been posted, but anyone else put off de Boer by his brother's constant commentary on how well he'd be suited to Everton? This morning I've woken up to find out that Frank will get the best out of Stones, does that mean he's taking over from Pep at Citeh?

Imagine the post match press conferences with his brother in tow, bring back bobby now.
He could be the only one left by next week before we turn to the British. Be nice.

Attachments

• Kenneth Williams.jpeg
    Kenneth Williams.jpeg
    4.4 KB · Views: 96
I know it may look like that but as things stand I don't think we are. My take on it is -

Mourinho we were deffo interested, knew Utd were first choice so may have had brief discussions but nothing was offered.

Koeman we were deffo interested and were given signs that he would be as well. For whatever reason he changed his mind and so we have moved on and haven't pursued him any further. Again imo we haven't been turned down because we didn't get to the stage where we offered anything.

Pellegrini has been interviewed so he's obviously on the short list and available.

Moyes I don't think has been interviewed, more so he probably begged Kenwright over a Skype call asking for his old job back. Bill was about to cave in and give it to him but Mosh came back from the bog sooner than expected and Bill had to end the call suddenly.

Unsworth I hope they have had a chat with him, told him their plans and how they want him to be a part of it in the future.

Emery hopefully we've had good talks and things are progressing and he is showing a keen interest in the job.

What Mosh is doing is not releasing anything saying "I want Mr Smith or Mr Jones" only to be jibbed off. Everything is being done quietly and hopefully efficiently. This is his first real big key appointment so he will want to get it right.

If we ain't got someone by next Friday then I will panic with you mate lol

Yep I get all that and I get the fact that he is doing it behind closed doors, but my main point is that not having the foresight to line up a manager which everybody else seems to do is now biting us on the arse.

I'm not sure what all the issues are here.

As I said last night, all offers of information are welcome, it's not a competitive environment - that's not how GOT works. People post, hopefully information is consistent, if not it's likely because it's from different sources. Then the play plays out, and the information is either proven to be correct or not.

That's how it's worked for years here, and that's how it will continue I hope.
I got hounded for offering my information, so basically, no you are not correct Esk on this.

I'm very much looking forward to all your reactions when @The Esk confirms this info.

Hope you do go on to show you are ITK here mate, right now though as someone with no track record for giving anything not already out their, i am sceptical, by all means though will hold my hands up if you mdo give something that comes out the blue and shows your the mole with the hole

Yep I get all that and I get the fact that he is doing it behind closed doors, but my main point is that not having the foresight to line up a manager which everybody else seems to do is now biting us on the arse.

I agree mate it would be great if one was lined up but I think we have to look at the situation with a couple of them. The likes of Mourinho comes around once in a blue moon so there was no way we would be in a position to demand he comes to us. In fact the only one we could demand would be Pellegrini and we've interviewed him.

In a weeks time if we got Emery we would all be buzzing "well done Mosh, it was worth waiting for".

I honestly don't feel like we have missed out on anyone where I think "damn we should have moved for him quicker". Would have loved Mourinho but his heart was obviously set on utd.

Klopp was out of a job don't forget and I can probably guess he kicks his ballsack every night with rage as if he had just waited another 6-8 weeks before taking the RS job he probably would have had the pick of the Bayern job, plus Utd and Chelsea would have been interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.