Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

and is it the same Emery that had his team totally collapse against liverpool in the first half of the europe league final?

Think over the 90 mins he played them perfectly. He knew Liverpool would press like mad dogs straight away. So he just played long balls, turned them round so often, tired them out, took the sting out of their initial burst. The one time they did get caught in midfield Liverpool scored from it. Second half Liverpool were absolutely knackered, couldn't press anything like as well. Sevilla just played through them and dragged them out of place all over the show. Made a change from managers like Martinez who go to Andield and think 'we'll play a bit of loose football along the back here'. Suicidal. Emery had Liverpool's number same way Mourinho did in that 2-0 win at Anfield. Emery almost did for Barca as well. If you win three European trophies in a row you are undoubtedly a top tactician to navigate that many rounds against so many different teams.

No it's worrying if you look at from just this season, he's regularly been sound home and away.

Turns his home into a fortress, last time I checked people didn't see Goodison as a fortress.

I'm not by no means saying theres better available out there. Im commenting on the fact that last season he didn't win one single away game. He won 3 Europas on the bounce which is ace but surely the fact he didn't win an away needs to be mentioned.

At the start of this process the remit seemed to be 'get us a manager who knows what it is like to win trophies'.

But now, apparently they seem to be the wrong sort of trophies.o_O I'm confused.

I'm not by no means saying theres better available out there. Im commenting on the fact that last season he didn't win one single away game. He won 3 Europas on the bounce which is ace but surely the fact he didn't win an away needs to be mentioned.

It's been mentioned plenty, it was the biggest criticism when he was first linked

Status
Not open for further replies.