Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a different feeling to it this time mate, last time he was hawking himself for he job in every way he could, this time he is sitting back because he knows he's played us like a fiddle
It's a different feeling with Allardyce because you fear his appointment so much. Take that fear away and you're left with a flimsy Sky sports story that everyone is repeating.

Marco Silva took over a side which hadn't kept a clean sheet in 18 games last season, and kept 2 in his first 3 matches in charge - against Liverpool and Manchester United - while Allardyce took over a side which had gone just 3 games since its last clean sheet, failed to keep one in his first 5 games and only picked up 4 points from his first 8 games. Silva has also managed to keep 5 clean sheets in 13 games with Watford, who only kept 7 in the whole of last season. But Silva is seen as a liability and Fat Sam as a guarantee of survival and defensive stability. You're being hoodwinked.

Because it is the narrative the media is feeding out as they want this appointment badly mate

It's a different feeling with Allardyce because you fear his appointment so much. Take that fear away and you're left with a flimsy Sky sports story that everyone is repeating.

I'm left looking at the board mate and the dof.

DoF has worked as head of recruitment to the man before and they are very close (draw your own conclusions from what i am suggesting)
Our chairman will not allow himself to be the chairman of us being relegated - especially not when he is close to selling up his nshares at a great price - no matter the longer term damage this will mean

The rest of the likes of Elstone and Woods are cowards also who will just want to cover their own arses

and sadly last and not least - Moshiri is to weak to stand up to them all and too weak to have the power of his own convictions and go for what he wants.

But Hull went down and Palace stayed up.
Hull were in a far worse position when Silva took over, with a far worse squad, and he had less games to turn it around. Allardyce took over a team which had last won a game 2 weeks earlier, Silva took over a team which hadn't won for 2 months, nor for 2 months before that.

hopefully this is one last stunt to flush out the man they wanted, we've been in this position with fat sam a few weeks ago and the odds were at like 1/20

so until you see him at goodison with a scarf and a cup of Bovril, don't panic to much
Get ready to bite the bullet

It's a different feeling to it this time mate, last time he was hawking himself for he job in every way he could, this time he is sitting back because he knows he's played us like a fiddle
The bookies have no clue at all on this. They're just reacting to rumours and violent mood-swings amongst the punters.
The board haven't got a clue either, so all this chat is interesting but hardly well-informed.
Watch this space.

I just cant understand the cowardice from the board, 3/4 weeks ago we basically told him 6 months he said no and apparently we pulled out because of fan backlash (if stories are believed).

Now we have gone back and agreed to what he wanted.

Are we really that rubbish? are the board really that incompetent?

Hull were in a far worse position when Silva took over, with a far worse squad, and he had less games to turn it around. Allardyce took over a team which had last won a game 2 weeks earlier, Silva took over a team which hadn't won for 2 months, nor for 2 months before that.

I remember Hull almost gave us a spanking just before Silva took over.

There was two weeks in the difference in appointments.

Palace had 15 points and finished with 41

Hull had 12 points and finished with 34

Im a big Silva fan as it goes but i think the point you are making the evidence doesn't back up. I think what is a also notable is Palace recruited well that January with Allardyce.

I'm left looking at the board mate and the dof.

DoF has worked as head of recruitment to the man before and they are very close (draw your own conclusions from what i am suggesting)
Our chairman will not allow himself to be the chairman of us being relegated - especially not when he is close to selling up his nshares at a great price - no matter the longer term damage this will mean

The rest of the likes of Elstone and Woods are cowards also who will just want to cover their own arses

and sadly last and not least - Moshiri is to weak to stand up to them all and too weak to have the power of his own convictions and go for what he wants.
All circumstantial.

There is a world of managers out there who can both save us (from 4 points off 9th place with 25 games to go!) AND satisfy fans.

I dont think we've waited this long not to get a FT appointment in who can do that.

Stand on me mate, Allardyce wont be manager.

All circumstantial.

There is a world of managers out there who can both save us (from 4 points off 9th place with 25 games to go!) AND satisfy fans.

I dont think we've waited this long not to get a FT appointment in who can do that.

Stand on me mate, Allardyce wont be manager.
I think I agree with this. Still not enough noise yet. Just one repeated storey. I think MON would perform better at interview. Going to be an interesting day

I remember Hull almost gave us a spanking just before Silva took over.

There was two weeks in the difference in appointments.

Palace had 15 points and finished with 41

Hull had 12 points and finished with 34

Im a big Silva fan as it goes but i think the point you are making the evidence doesn't back up. I think what is a also notable is Palace recruited well that January with Allardyce.
'Almost' gave us a spanking?! I've heard some tenuous arguments in my time but that's up there. I mean, we had more possession, shots, shots on target, and missed an absolute sitter in the last minute, but I suppose you're right, if they'd scored another 5 goals they'd have spanked us.

So what you're saying is Silva took 4 less points from 3 less games, having lost 3 of his best players within a month of being there and bringing in a handful of loans, while Allardyce spent £30m. Which one are you saying did the better job again?

Don't count your chickens yet.....
Oh come on man, it’s over! Have some humility and say you got it wrong.

I’ve enjoyed the back-and-forth of our interactions about Silva and I fully admit there were times I was worried he would join you. I wouldn’t have blamed him either. So I totally understood your optimism and your belief that you could get him being a bigger club. But I did ALWAYS say it would be harder than you thought. I’ve shown plenty of respect towards Everton so maybe show some back at last about our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.