Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be honest here. I really couldn’t understand all along why we couldn’t bite the bullet and appoint Allardyce, seeing he was interested. Nobody else was either willing and available.

It’s not an endorsement but I really couldn’t figure the level of opprobrium and moralising at the very mention of him. I certainly get that he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea either and nor mine. But it isn’t a selection commitee for the Archbishop of Canterbury. I’d have Hitler in if it meant we were getting results.

We are in a dire, god-awful state and we can either ignore that or at least “try” and do something about it. To me, appointing Allardyce would at least have meant recognition of how bad things are, pride before a fall and all that, if that meant 2 1/2 years then it’s far less painful than the catastrophe of relegation.

What a absolute travesty if things go from bad to worse and we did not give ourselves a good honest practical chance of getting out of it because the guy didn’t pass an ethical test. I hope we don’t have time to repent at leisure.

Despite what he says, Allardyce doesn't want a long-term job - just the "long-term" money.

A true mercenary, he did the "business" at Sunderland and Palace.

Said allardyce weeks ago and the argument for him has grown rather than shrunk in the intervening period. Tonight was an absolute shambles, pointless game or not.

High time people realised that we aren't in a position to snobby about who comes in.

I’ll be honest here. I really couldn’t understand all along why we couldn’t bite the bullet and appoint Allardyce, seeing he was interested. Nobody else was either willing and available.

It’s not an endorsement but I really couldn’t figure the level of opprobrium and moralising at the very mention of him. I certainly get that he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea either and nor mine. But it isn’t a selection commitee for the Archbishop of Canterbury. I’d have Hitler in if it meant we were getting results.

We are in a dire, god-awful state and we can either ignore that or at least “try” and do something about it. To me, appointing Allardyce would at least have meant recognition of how bad things are, pride before a fall and all that, if that meant 2 1/2 years then it’s far less painful than the catastrophe of relegation.

What a absolute travesty if things go from bad to worse and we did not give ourselves a good honest practical chance of getting out of it because the guy didn’t pass an ethical test. I hope we don’t have time to repent at leisure.

The problem is mate, it's doubtful Allardyce would be able to turn this around.

Status
Not open for further replies.