Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever comes in to take over, first task will be to re-establish some confidence and self belief back into the team.
The win on Sunday was down to some luck, yes, but it was a win, and as such will have lifted the team spirit, (they, like us, had no doubt forgotten what a win felt like). Not trying to make excuses for the overpaid spineless good for nothings, but keep in mind, they have also had to put with almost a season and a half of Koeman, with his inconsistent, unbalanced line-ups. His sacking has made no difference to this, as the team is still fragmented by more chopping and changing, as Unsworth tries to find the his own magic mix that makes a team gel. The return of the injured should help, but that is down the road.
Like it or not, our first team squad has become a bunch of snowflakes: melting when the going gets tough. The fact that Niasse (the man with no locker), has become our top scorer, and the best example of the "never-say-die" ethos of the great winning teams of our past, shows how low the current team's confidence has sunk.
The installation of "true blue" Unsy is not the catalyst the sentimental thought it would be. But what are the alternatives? Like most of us, the players probably feel a cold shiver at the thought of Allerdyce sitting in our dugout, spitting out his gum as he yells for more hoofball.
We need to build on this win, stop experimenting with the line-up, and play to our strengths. But who is going to do this? We are in a pickle, caught between a rock and a hard place. Hang on with Unsy for a while and hope things improve, while the board try to tempt a high end star boss to come in? Or break the glass on the fire alarm and call in a short term trouble shooter?
In the meantime, we are going to need more of that good luck and "Niasse never-say-die" spirit to get through the next few games!

Also we did well to still be in the game after 70 minutes

Their first goal which came about due to inept defending (as per) was unfortunate and led to a capitulation which wasn't helped by snides red card

If and it's a big if gana had scored early in the second half maybe we could have hung on and won.

I've been convinced at various times over the past week that Dyche, Alladyce and now Unsworth would be given the job.

I have no idea who our next permanent manager will be. Not completely sure the board do either.

Get the feeling I will be underwhelmed by the appointment.

Was really hopeful of winning a cup competition this year and narrowing the gap of the six that finished above us last term. A lot of well paid individuals have let the fans down already this season. Hopefully the squad can find some spirit and organisation for the remainder of the season - which is depressing to say in November.

But, who picked Niasse ?
Yes, he left players behind rather than bringing them to France and surely the result against Watford justified that decision and may make the argument that he is far from tactically inept.

Three premiership points are far more valuable than a decent result in a European competition that we were almost certainly out of anyway.
Did the result at Watford really owe anything to leaving players out v Lyon? We were getting beat with the rested Rooney on the pitch for instance. The Watford victory was almost wholly down to the injury to their keeper and the stand in keeper gifting us 2 goals, add to that a freak slip that gave us our penalty. All topped off by Cleverly's penno miss. Seriously in 5 decades of watching Everton I have honestly never seen us have so much luck in one season let alone one game. Tactics? Pfffft.!

One would have thought so.

Ditto Big Sam.

Makes one think sommat else is afoot o_O
To be honest , and based purely on gut feeling , I think it's gonna be Tuchel and was all along. Since he professed himself to be interested its all gone quiet. No reports of rejection. Everything else has just been a smokescreen.
Well, I live in hope anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.