Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, will never agree. We havent even got the players for his style of play for one. He will want to spend £££ on yard dogs as he makes a healthy little extra off the clubs back.

If his extra ££, means guaranteeing the clubs safety, I'll accept this Danegeld, because Unsworth is leading us into the abyss.

In the four games under David Unsworth the thing that is most compelling for me is that the players really seem to want to play for him and to do well for him... it looks as if they are playing to get him the job.... that is a very important start.

Some of the results were poor, but not all the performances were, I thought the first seventy minutes away to Lyon were good but the minute they scored our confidence disappeared.

Unsworth needs to have probably a dozen games before we have some idea how he is really doing, at the moment it is effort and adrenalin in plenty but confidence in short supply and not really certain about how Unsworth wants them to play because they had so few training sessions.

In the four games under David Unsworth the thing that is most compelling for me is that the players really seem to want to play for him .

Can you honestly tell me you were thinking that at 2-0 on Saturday ? Or after the first half showing against Leicester or when they simply downed tools against Lyon ?

Do I think we’ve seen a bit more effort , yeah probably i do but it seems clear to me that they couldn’t stand Koeman and weren’t trying so anybody and I mean anybody taking over from him could expect a slight increase on that front . They didn’t look like they were trying for him in games when they failed to close down the space, pick up their man or simply failed to compete for the ball .

I’ve got nothing against unsworth I like him but this isn’t a popularity contest .

A new manager is supposed to change that form. Should no-one ever sack a manager if they have no form then? Of course they should.

He took charge 24 hours before the Chelsea game, giving him what? A 3hr training session, then we have had 3 more games in just over a week meaning he's hardly had time to prepare or work on things.

The state of that team, the lack of morale, energy, effort, organisation etc was never going to be corrected in 2 weeks no matter who took charge.

If his extra ££, means guaranteeing the clubs safety, I'll accept this Danegeld, because Unsworth is leading us into the abyss.

You dont know that for certain. Koeman had 3 top 7 finishes the last 3 seasons and nobody predicted he would lead us into the abyss. The man hasnt been given a chance.

Zidane/Guardiola took over 2 of the biggest clubs in world football with only B team management experience as both clubs wanted a connection to the club as manager and it didnt work out too badly.

You dont know that for certain. Koeman had 3 top 7 finishes the last 3 seasons and nobody predicted he would lead us into the abyss. The man hasnt been given a chance.

Zidane/Guardiola took over 2 of the biggest clubs in world football with only B team management experience as both clubs wanted a connection to the club as manager and it didnt work out too badly.
Zidane and Pep were at real and Barca in case you didn't notice mate.

Let's face it the chances of success for even novices there are very good.

We are a basket case and throwing a rookie into the fire is sheer madness and actual gross negligence.

Can you honestly tell me you were thinking that at 2-0 on Saturday ? Or after the first half showing against Leicester or when they simply downed tools against Lyon ?

Do I think we’ve seen a bit more effort , yeah probably i do but it seems clear to me that they couldn’t stand Koeman and weren’t trying so anybody and I mean anybody taking over from him could expect a slight increase on that front . They didn’t look like they were trying for him in games when they failed to close down the space, pick up their man or simply failed to compete for the ball .

I’ve got nothing against unsworth I like him but this isn’t a popularity contest .
I think it is clear from the first minute they want to play for him.... a complete lack of confidence and self belief means the performances have not been very good.

It will take longer for players to believe in Unsworth, if he turns out to be a good manager, a manager builds up an aura around him and that isn't done overnight and it certainly be lost quicker than it is gained.

lol

it never ceases to amaze me that people think other fans actually want their team to fail, just so their random user name can have some credibility. Like I want us to go down, dear me.

Oh I don't think for one minute that you WANT us to go down.
You did however predict that we WILL go down if Unsworth gets the job. It's possible of course, (just as it's possible no matter who gets appointed)
MY prediction is that we won't go down. I'm sure that we ALL hope that that my prediction is more accurate than yours. ;)

In the four games under David Unsworth the thing that is most compelling for me is that the players really seem to want to play for him and to do well for him... it looks as if they are playing to get him the job.... that is a very important start.

Some of the results were poor, but not all the performances were, I thought the first seventy minutes away to Lyon were good but the minute they scored our confidence disappeared.

Unsworth needs to have probably a dozen games before we have some idea how he is really doing, at the moment it is effort and adrenalin in plenty but confidence in short supply and not really certain about how Unsworth wants them to play because they had so few training sessions.
I have to disagree on all of that mate.He is tactically inept in every way shape and form.It was Niasse that got Goodison roaring not Unsy on Sunday.He went to Lyon with a side to lose a game.Resting so called first teamers 10 games in to a season is a disgrace.It is a disgrace to EVERY FAN ,THAT PAID HARD EARNED CASH, TO GO OVER THERE, TO WATCH THEIR TEAM ,PROGRESS IN A COMPETITION THAT COULD HAVE BEEN ACHIEVED.

I have to disagree on all of that mate.He is tactically inept in every way shape and form.It was Niasse that got Goodison roaring not Unsy on Sunday.He went to Lyon with a side to lose a game.Resting so called first teamers 10 games in to a season is a disgrace.It is a disgrace to EVERY FAN ,THAT PAID HARD EARNED CASH, TO GO OVER THERE, TO WATCH THEIR TEAM ,PROGRESS IN A COMPETITION THAT COULD HAVE BEEN ACHIEVED.
But, who picked Niasse ?
Yes, he left players behind rather than bringing them to France and surely the result against Watford justified that decision and may make the argument that he is far from tactically inept.

Three premiership points are far more valuable than a decent result in a European competition that we were almost certainly out of anyway.

But, who picked Niasse ?
Yes, he left players behind rather than bringing them to France and surely the result against Watford justified that decision and may make the argument that he is far from tactically inept.

Three premiership points are far more valuable than a decent result in a European competition that we were almost certainly out of anyway.
Mate , the fact that the towel was thrown in before they boarded the plane was a an utter disgrace.

ahem......speaking as one of those fans, I do not feel Unsie “disgraced” me.

And every Blue I spoke to over there was off the opinion that qualifying was a forlorn hope anyway so no one was much bothered that our elder players were left at home to rest their aged limbs in preparation for what we considered a much more vital game given the circumstances, versus Watford.

;)

ahem......speaking as one of those fans, I do not feel Unsie “disgraced” me.

And every Blue I spoke to over there was off the opinion that qualifying was a forlorn hope anyway so no one was much bothered that our elder players were left at home to rest their aged limbs in preparation for what we considered a much more vital game given the circumstances, versus Watford.

;)
Who asked you FFS lol lol xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.