Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to disagree on all of that mate.He is tactically inept in every way shape and form.It was Niasse that got Goodison roaring not Unsy on Sunday.He went to Lyon with a side to lose a game.Resting so called first teamers 10 games in to a season is a disgrace.It is a disgrace to EVERY FAN ,THAT PAID HARD EARNED CASH, TO GO OVER THERE, TO WATCH THEIR TEAM ,PROGRESS IN A COMPETITION THAT COULD HAVE BEEN ACHIEVED.

...i’m not overly enamoured with the thought of Unsworth until the end of the season, but I think he used the same approach for Lyon as he openly used for Chelsea away. For the Chelsea game he said he wanted to stay in it for 60mins and then go for it. I’m sure he did the same for Lyon. At 60mins we were 0-0 and he changed the shape, bringing DCL on and the rest is history.

I reckon he and most fans were resigned that the EL campaign was already over but he went with a park the bus plan to give him a chance and try and avoid a hiding. It failed.

My biggest concern is that we still look like conceding a couple of goals per game and we will rarely get the breaks we got on Sunday to respond with 3 of our own.

Crazy the way some of these players are on more money than managers?
Imagine that in our world.
Telephonists on 50k a year, manager on 16k a year.

No wonder players can spit the dummy out and all gang up on the managers when they are on more dough

..I recall Alan Ball saying this 20 years ago when he was managing Portsmouth. He said he looked in the players eyes and saw they weren’t bothered because they earned more than he did.

You don’t think he’s ready so you’re dismissing his best result to suit your argument.

If you think his best result is just against a relegated team on the last game of the season when he has had games since then yes I wouldn't say he is ready yet. No agenda at all. I am thinking about a team that is badly struggling and who should be in charge to get us out of it.

I'm hoping that the Unsworth rumours are just That, a rumour. I love the guy but I think over the 4 games he was in charge I seen enough warning signs to know he isn' the right man for the job and wouldn't get the best out of what is available to him.

I've entioned it previously, short term appointments shouldn't be an option as it will be a complete waste of cash on January and I won't be buying any crap that "x" and "y" aren't available until the summer. Thats just a typical bull excuse. There's currently 2 top class managers without a job and if it was any other top club looking for a manager they would be hired already.

So widely reported that I haven't seen it anywhere

giphy.gif

...not sure how you folk think, but not withstanding the euphoria of Sunday’s comeback, there was nothing to suggest to me that we could get anything from the Palace game. The way we set up out wide I can’t see how we can handle Zaha and I fear the feel good feeling will be well and truly extinguished.

Not with his current team selections eggs and the bizarre ommission of Vlasic. I just can't see what his plans are tactically. It' certainly not football on the "front foot" as he mentions thats' for sure.

Not with his current team selections eggs and the bizarre ommission of Vlasic. I just can't see what his plans are tactically. It' certainly not football on the "front foot" as he mentions thats' for sure.

...I reckon his first task is to make us hard to beat and i think we’ve conceded at least 2 in each of his games so far. I agree about Vlasic, though. Not sure what has happened there but he’s the one who can carry the ball and go past defenders in central positions (other than Barkley, of course).

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.