• Moshiri's left plum.

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Other (Please state)

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GettyImages-478896961.jpg

Though, if Jags leaves this month, I'd appoint Barry as captain on a temporary basis for the rest of the season with Seamus as his deputy.

That way Seamus would get the armband when Barry doesn't start ( so a fair amount of games ) and, probably more importantly, it'd make the Barry haters fume.

His presence in the 11 is affront enough.

Barry and Baines are vice-captain so he's not going to pick anyone but one of those.

It will be Barry then Baines, as evidenced by Sunday's match, but I'd like to see Coleman in the mix.

I'd like to see it be Baines then Coleman, but I get the sense that Baines doesn't enjoy the Captain's role.

Probably Williams will factor in as well , dunno if Ronnie rates him above Seamus. Not my favorite, but Williams is clever with a level head.

Coleman. Name carved in the squad sheet when healthy, bleeds for the club, loved by the supporters, and not afraid one bit to get stuck in on anything. Will throw in some Gaelic football touches when appropriate. Excellent servant of the club. No brainer.

Hate to be pedantic but this exact same thread was started only 17 days ago ... a quick search confirms this. Not moaning per-say but we don't half recycle some guff on here.

17 days ago might as well be geologic time if it was before the dismantling of City. We've had babies procreated who will be named Tom since then.

Seamus for me, he loves Everton, really level headed, always puts in a shift, is vocal, first in to a scrap and is a super role model for all the young lads; an example of what hard work can do.

Pecking order seems to currently be Barry->Baines->Coleman. I wish it was Coleman. He'll be around long enough and starting consistently enough to merit it as well as being a terrier in a scrap.

It would be great if we could get 'captain' material through the spine of the team. The best example is the mid 80's team where Big Nev (although mad) bossed the penalty area - Ratters was the captain and back 4 boss - Reidy running the midfield - Andy Gray vocal up top. They were all 'in the face winners' and hated losing. Too many players are seen leaving the pitch nowadays after a defeat with hardly a grimace on display. As for the current team, Williams seems the most natural, but Coleman has done well with the Republic and has the longer potential to stay as a captain, given Gareth Barry is nearing the end of his career. Labby was a gentleman and a great captain, but a no nonsense clenched fist captain for me every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.