• Moshiri's left plum.

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Other (Please state)

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GettyImages-478896961.jpg

Though, if Jags leaves this month, I'd appoint Barry as captain on a temporary basis for the rest of the season with Seamus as his deputy.

That way Seamus would get the armband when Barry doesn't start ( so a fair amount of games ) and, probably more importantly, it'd make the Barry haters fume.

GettyImages-478896961.jpg

Though, if Jags leaves this month, I'd appoint Barry as captain on a temporary basis for the rest of the season with Seamus as his deputy.

That way Seamus would get the armband when Barry doesn't start ( so a fair amount of games ) and, probably more importantly, it'd make the Barry haters fume.
You can't give Barry the armband when he's clearly going to be third choice at the heart of midfield, and we're only playing one game a week. He'll be making about 5 starts between now and the end of the season, with the rest being 20 minute cameo appearances. It has to go to a starter, and for that reason I am with Coleman who will be our right back for another 2 or 3 years yet.

Reactions: JLW
I always think the captain should come from the spine of the team but I would opt for Coleman.

He has served us well and never plays without enthusiasm and effort, as a minimum. He can be vocal when required.

I don't think Barkley would be suited to it.

An interesting choice would be Lukaku, as he is/should be the focal point of the team. I would gladly make him captain if it helped convince him that his long-term future was here.

You can't give Barry the armband when he's clearly going to be third choice at the heart of midfield, and we're only playing one game a week. He'll be making about 5 starts between now and the end of the season, with the rest being 20 minute cameo appearances. It has to go to a starter, and for that reason I am with Coleman who will be our right back for another 2 or 3 years yet.

You misunderstand my reasoning mate.

I see it as a way of giving Coleman the armband for the rest of the season, so, because Barry won't be starting, Seamus would be the "Playing Captain" and Barry would be "Club Captain" and pick up on the lions share of the media stuff.

Then, from next season, Seamus takes on both sides of the job.

You misunderstand my reasoning mate.

I see it as a way of giving Coleman the armband for the rest of the season, so, because Barry won't be starting, Seamus would be the "Playing Captain" and Barry would be "Club Captain" and pick up on the lions share of the media stuff.

Then, from next season, Seamus takes on both sides of the job.
A good argument, I must admit. :)

I just dont see Coleman as a leader to be honest. He doesn't organise he isn't loud he just gets in propels faces sometimes.

When jagielka doesn't play Williams seems to shout, organise and pull people into position so makes more sense to me for him to be it

I understand the shouts for Coleman but I think the most important trait for a leader is level-headedness. I love Seamus' fire and intensity and he'd be a great captain but it's Baines for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.