News of Ex Players

Can you elaborate why it's a good move?

He's young, only just leaving the game as a pro a year ago so you'd think he'd be able to relate well with young players on guidance

Has a great understanding of the lower leagues

Should be able to hit the ground running as he knows Everton

There's 3 reasons why it's a good move for starters

Though I'm surprised he's left his role at Tranmere as the manager and chairman spoke really highly of him and why they wanted him to be their sporting director

He was never going to be a starter before their front 3. He'll play in the cup matches, or whenever one of those front 3 is injured. He'll be making a lot of appearances from the bench, but he's not starting many prem or champions league games this season. A strange move for him, especially if he wants to retain his status in the brazil set up.
Think he and his agent thought he'd have more offers,bad miscalculation

Everton have appointed former player James Vaughan as the club’s new Loans Manager. He was previously at Tranmere Rovers, where he was the club’s Sporting Director. He is set to start his new role at Everton on Monday.
Who has he replaced. Was it Royle who had the role previously?

I can hear @davek grinding his teeth.
If we have proper performance management in place, Vaughan will be judged like anybody else and will either thrive or flop in the job. All people want to see is people held accountable. If Vaughan turns out to be good, great appointment. If not, he needs to be moved out after a genuine effort to improve him is made. The days of jobs for the boys have to end. Accountability is needed throughout the club.

If we have proper performance management in place, Vaughan will be judged like anybody else and will either thrive or flop in the job. All people want to see is people held accountable. If Vaughan turns out to be good, great appointment. If not, he needs to be moved out after a genuine effort to improve him is made. The days of jobs for the boys have to end. Accountability is needed throughout the club.
I'm sure Mosh is taking that sort of thing very seriously after the club's internal review. I'm very happy for the man, he had rotten luck with injuries. He always seemed to be an old head on young shoulders and I'm in no doubt he has spent all that injury time swotting up with skills needed for such a position.