News of Ex Players

….he learned from the best youth coach we’ve had - Colin Harvey. I remember Jevons in the FA Youth Cup team & Harvey had him working ridiculously hard, getting behind the ball when the opposition had possession. Jevons will have learned lots from Harvey.
Didn't he go on to have a good career in the lower leagues Eggs?

He's young, only just leaving the game as a pro a year ago so you'd think he'd be able to relate well with young players on guidance

Has a great understanding of the lower leagues

Should be able to hit the ground running as he knows Everton

There's 3 reasons why it's a good move for starters

Though I'm surprised he's left his role at Tranmere as the manager and chairman spoke really highly of him and why they wanted him to be their sporting director

If he does well he might see a role for himself as Director of Football here in a few years, or an executive of some sort.

A good article from the Telegraph giving an evaluation of the dribbling wizards career path so far. More to come, hopefully for a while longer at BFC @Joey66

And just noticed he was sold a couple days later for the princely sum of £2.3m.. then loaned out straight away. What was the point? He’s not a 17 year old, he should be close to his prime.

Edit: see Blackpool say they tried to extend but he wanted to go.. that makes sense.. but not from Forests POV

Last edited:
And just noticed he was sold a couple days later for the princely sum of £2.3m.. then loaned out straight away. What was the point? He’s not a 17 year old, he should be close to his prime.

Edit: see Blackpool say they tried to extend but he wanted to go.. that makes sense.. but not from Forests POV
Doesn’t the owner of forest own Olympiacos too? Seems dodgy..

Sounding like an opposition player was involved ?

28, man, I remember him playing U16, was the next great 5hing at one stage, playing for England up front at an U18 - Worod Cup I think.

….he learned from the best youth coach we’ve had - Colin Harvey. I remember Jevons in the FA Youth Cup team & Harvey had him working ridiculously hard, getting behind the ball when the opposition had possession. Jevons will have learned lots from Harvey.

He was coming through around the same time as Branch, Jeffers and CadmeterI, seemed liked we had a young attacker almost every year around that time.