Newcastle vs Everton - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid performance that,kenny and holgate improving each game,dunno what allardyce has said to Williams,he looks a different player,gone with Kenny myself,some great tackles and clearing headers at the far post,vote,vote,vote my fellow Evertonians:)

Holgate again for me.

His pace has been integral to the backline playing well as a unit.

Certainly helps Williams who isn't tripping over Pickfords laces as much. Delighted with Holgate, I've wanted him centre back for his pace alone though I know some have questioned his positioning and heading ability. If nothing else comes of the time I have to put up with fat head as manager, it's certainly nice to see defenders knowing what their roles are and working and moving as a unit. Fair play to Sam and his coaching staff for working on that.

A bit of Stones/Distin in Holgate/Williams. Holgates pace is integral to our back 4.

I don't think anyone was brilliant for the whole 90 , but Holgate Williams and gana were the better performances for theroles they were sentout to do. I gave mom to gana , just.

defence levels are up , snide levels are , strength and fight levels are up, gamesmanship is up, set piece levels are up , that little bit of luck is up.

martina had his best game for us so far tonight I thought.
davies impressed me when he came on , just a decent old school type of player.
the midfield battled and passed well, especially in the first half.
the defence did their job well enough albeit the opposition were terrible up top.
only downsides were I thought we still lack free flowing attacking passing and we are still toothless when it comes to shots on goal.

I'm not going to get carried away but the team have done so well to consolidate 10th for at least another game and look so much more up for a fight. it may not be pretty but its points on the board.

Voted gueye, but Williams and holgate had good games, Kenny was decent again
Kenny seems win a lot of headers he shouldn't do given his size, he won some crucial headers tonight as well.

Imagine how bad ALL of our away games for the past year have been compared to this.

I think this is a match where both Rooney and Siggurdson had some space but really failed to do much with it, outside of Rooneys good passing combination leading up to the goal scramble. As long as Rooney keeps scoring though, and as long as Siggy still cost 45 million, they will stay in the lineup.

I went with Holgate who should keep his place once the whole squad is fit. JJK is getting better and better. Williams wasn't total s**te. Thought Gana was quality again. Martina although apparently unable to pass forward did ok. Thought the partnership of Rooney and Siggy is starting to get there. Lennon I thought was ok but once Bolasie is back I dont see him getting many starts. Im no Big Sam fan but he has made a huge difference to the team. It makes me wonder why things went so bad with that Dutch feller.

Status
Not open for further replies.