Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that people have got to remember where we're coming from and what is realistic this season. People are talking on here like we should have been good enough to turn over our last three opponents because we had a half decent window and got rid of some deadwood. We are not going to be turned overnight into a team that finishes top 6 and the sooner we start treating the last three losses and the two wins before it with a bit more of a level head the better. This is a season where we want to obviously finish as high as we can but can we have some realism please. Lampards job (after making us more solid) is to make us more potent up front and hopefully this next transfer window he'll be given some funds for attacking reinforcements.
I think its fairly realistic to expect a Premier league football team to get at least 2 or 3 shots on target in a game of football, or maybe its just me

By the way this isn’t just on frank, it’s the whole coaching team. What exactly are they doing in training because clearly the intensity is shocking and the creativity is lacking if we can’t even create more than 1 attempt at goal in 90 minutes against Newcastle.

The purpose is to analyze the match beyond the final score. You don't have to like it or participate, but pretending it's all fake is just accepting ignorance. Some people want to understand the game while others are just here for the emotion. Both are fine.
So people didn't understand or couldn't analyze the game before this kind of metric/terminology was invented?

What absolute nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.