Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I cant blame the gutless players today - a proper system and we get at least a point today its all on Carlo today but those players gave him room to change it after that shambles at Saints.

Seasons over for me now in terms of hopes for top 4 that great start has completely gone.

Just looking forward to the cup quarter final and hopefully we can keep key players fit for it.

Look there are some clear things identified from the game (which weve always known):

1. Gomes isn't going to cut it unfortunately
2. Sigurdsson makes us worse
3. Delph makes us worse
4. Kenny isn't good enough
5. Tosun isn't good enough
6. Iwobi isn't good enough
7. Mina isn't consistent and found wanting all too often
8. Davies not good enough
9. Pickford not good enough

That's a significant amount of the squad. We all expected this. It'll be a slow move until we rid of most of these players and get more quality in. It's slow progress I'm afraid
How do you identify 8 & 9 from that game?

If I’m being honest we where unlucky, arguably our 4 best players were out and are trash players showed us why we call them that, fully expected this but once we get 2 or 3 back we’ll be winning again

Correct.

I dont know why people are expecting the same players from last season, who failed to perform to now step up when called upon and perform. It doesn't work like that.

Agree, however it’s not totally unreasonable to expect some of them to play up a bit given the new additions/competition in the squad.

I think we’ve seen it to an extent with Siggy but Gomes, for example, continues to be utterly useless.

That wasn't a penalty in a million years, if anything it was a foul on Gomes by Wilson who had no intention of going for the ball (the name of the game is "football" hint hint).
Their second goal, while it was a good fast move, took a fortunate deflection off Mina to take it over the goalkeeper and let Wilson score a tap in.
It was a difficult game against a packed defense which we couldn't break down without Richie and James being available to give us speed.

Anyway my MoM was DCL who never gave up, never does give up, and got another goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.