Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look there are some clear things identified from the game (which weve always known):

1. Gomes isn't going to cut it unfortunately
2. Sigurdsson makes us worse
3. Delph makes us worse
4. Kenny isn't good enough
5. Tosun isn't good enough
6. Iwobi isn't good enough
7. Mina isn't consistent and found wanting all too often
8. Davies not good enough
9. Pickford not good enough

That's a significant amount of the squad. We all expected this. It'll be a slow move until we rid of most of these players and get more quality in. It's slow progress I'm afraid

LOL, he is not jesus bro. We can praise him when we play well and we can criticise him when we don't. He will be the first to admit he got it wrong.

ULTIMATELY, he is the boss, if we do not perform then he has to be accountable at some point. If it was just one player then fair enough, if the whole team does not turn up,. then I question his motivational ability.Same as the end of last season, we never turned up for plenty of games, he is the boss, he has to address that.

If things don't work out under Ancelotti then the club is finished. There is no one better put there. If he cant do it then maybe we have massive issues. Or shock horror, maybe the players are crap, overpaid and mentally fragile.

Anyone who is calling out the manager is properly clueless and I have no qualms in saying that. Its bad enough losing like that, but even worse seeing people turn on the best manager we could hope to have.

Given who was out a point today should have been a minimum. We will have more injuries and suspensions so this sort of performance will be repeated which if we really aspire to EL at least doesn't bode well.

Yeah I am frustrated we didnt get anything.

However ask how many times we will be without our first choice Full backs and wide forwards? Of whom ALL FOUR play a huge part in how we play?

You then have to ask the back ups, to step upa nd perform at a higher level that they have proven time and time again they are not capable of playing.

Having one key player out and someone stepping in is an easier 'problem' to have than having four you know.

Poor negative team selection we should have gone at them first half. Carlo must have been fearful of exposing our young full backs. So frustrating and ponderous the football throughout and it's annoying as Newcastle just sat in and picked us off. Then to bring Bernard and Tosun on ahead of Gordon was odd when we were crying out for someone to go at them and create width. Poor day at the office only plus point was Olsen looking relatively solid. Carlo got it wrong but other players showed again why they are not good enough Delph, Iwobi, Sigurdsson even Gomes looked way off it. Frustrating result still didn't think it was a pen but very lazy from Gomes. Hopefully we can regroup when our best eleven is back because the back up is dire.

Mina - not good enough
Kenny - not good enough
Gomes - not good enough
Iwobi - not good enough
Tosun - not good enough

Fact!

Look there are some clear things identified from the game (which weve always known):

1. Gomes isn't going to cut it unfortunately
2. Sigurdsson makes us worse
3. Delph makes us worse
4. Kenny isn't good enough
5. Tosun isn't good enough
6. Iwobi isn't good enough
7. Mina isn't consistent and found wanting all too often
8. Davies not good enough
9. Pickford not good enough

That's a significant amount of the squad. We all expected this. It'll be a slow move until we rid of most of these players and get more quality in. It's slow progress I'm afraid

Apart from a couple of stray passes, Delph did fine today.

Our issues we're mostly on the ball in attack, or the lack of attack.

I can because it shows overall a very decent start to those crying about Ancelotti.

We'd have took our points total at this stage all day.

Of course.

But this performance on its own was totally unacceptable. The starting eleven cost the best part of £200m.

It’s the total lack of desire and drive that gets me. We didn’t seem to show urgency until the second goal went in.

Status
Not open for further replies.