Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is our form is dropping off by the week, average v the scum,less than average v Soton poor v barcodes.

I will be more concerned if we are still very poor when we have the four first teamers back in the team that were missing today.

If we are still showing nothing on the ball with Digne, Richy, James and Coleman. Then we really do need to ask questions.

All on Ancelotti for team selection + dont forget these players never run off the ball anyway...

Gomes and Sigurdsson are not two players to open up space.

Penalty a poor decision by the ref...Gomes' ball and Wilsons stuck his leg out while gomes is in front of him.

Anywhere else gomes gets a free kick

I agree in the main, but it comes back to our options not being good enough.

This season is - still - a season where we could challenge for something, but the people in charge of transfers decided to take a risk and that has already come back to bite us in the space of three weeks. It's abysmal squad management.

This, the derby game will end up destroying our season (as usual). They lost VVD but managed to inure Rodriguez and we’ve lost Richarlison. We’ll probably lose all three games they’re out for whilst Liveprool haven’t been affected by one player.

100%.

Could of done with a quiet derby without any shat the bed moments to derail our season. Unfortunately it seams we came up with 3 moments.

...CBs exposed again. First half, one ball over the top and Keane was out of the game, 2nd half and Mina was caught for their 2nd goal.

I’m sure that’s why Godfrey has been brought in, I expect him to be in the team soon.
Either Godfrey or Holgate with Keane must surely be the plan.

I know Newcastle sat back a bit in the last 5-10 mins but we started lumping the ball with players forward and caused more trouble that we did for the 85 previous minutes. We need players to get alongside DCL and do a few lumps rather than taking 10 mins of sideways backwards football trying to ensure we have the right angle for a very rare cross. More blood and thunder

I will be more concerned if we are still very poor when we have the four first teamers back in the team that were missing today.

If we are still showing nothing on the ball with Digne, Richy, James and Coleman. Then we really do need to ask questions.

Thing is, no team can rely on their first-choice XI being fit all season.

And then, add in our injury record and luck with suspensions too.

We all knew our back up options weren't good enough. Why didn't the people in charge mitigate the risk? There were options there.

...CBs exposed again. First half, one ball over the top and Keane was out of the game, 2nd half and Mina was caught for their 2nd goal.

I’m sure that’s why Godfrey has been brought in, I expect him to be in the team soon.
Mina and Keane are Stan and Laurel of football.

I’m not as eNRagEd about this game as some of our more dramatic forum members, but I’ve got to say that was one of the most oddly managed games I’ve seen. I can’t really make sense of anything Carlo did today.

3 losses in a row after United do us next game. Four games without a win after winning our first four? That's falling off a cliff form and very worrying for carlo.

And btw, if anyone thinks we're getting anything from the Utd game they need their head looking at.

Why was I optimistic at our early reults? Our players are the best in the world at bursting your balloon.

In fairness our players don't usually blow up a balloon to burst.

and lets face it we would have expected not to get anything at Spurs and got 3pts, we expected not to get much against Liverpool and got 1.

If we get beat there we get beat there but ultimately, in today's football madness we have as much chance as anyone.

If people get on Ancelottis back then I am done with football. It's that simple.

It makes me proper angry seeing these clueless shouts. Get behind the manager and give him patience with these pathetic squad players who don't try a leg.
LOL, he is not jesus bro. We can praise him when we play well and we can criticise him when we don't. He will be the first to admit he got it wrong.

ULTIMATELY, he is the boss, if we do not perform then he has to be accountable at some point. If it was just one player then fair enough, if the whole team does not turn up,. then I question his motivational ability.Same as the end of last season, we never turned up for plenty of games, he is the boss, he has to address that.

Status
Not open for further replies.