Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he is attending a Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory open day.
Back available next week.
Nah, he is Willy Wonka.
1604237352819.jpeg

No wingers. No problem. England won the world cup without wingers. Everton should/could beat this Newcastle outfit without wingers. Drill through the middle of them. Stiffle them in midfield. Win ugly. Take the points. Move on. Just hope that Gomes and Siggurdsson can step up today. Could be important players in getting balls to DCL. Nkounkou and Kenny important as well. Let's hope that both take this chance to impress.
Interesting team today. Let's not make Newcastle look good. Here's hoping that everything clicks. Let's rock and roll. Just win this match.
Ps.......interesting to see a change in goal. Let's see what this Olsen guy is like.
And also interesting that Tosun is on the bench. Wouldn't give up on this guy just yet. He is a goalscorer. Let's see. With better service and playing in a better team. He might just be ok.
Anyhow.........let's win today. Up The Toffees.

You gotta love a bit of Roy Keane in the sky team today... much better than gobshites Carra, Souness and Redknapp.

Gutted when we didn’t manage to get Roy in.

If have liking him to come to Everton after United. Not just cause he was a great player but he would be picking up for us more on sky ripping souness to shreds

Got to say I am a little concerned about that team. I said yesterday that it’s going to be a dull game and I don’t see anything in that team that would help us break down the defence of Newcastle.

I mean DCL has thrived off us crossing the ball into dangerous areas and I don’t see any of our midfielders doing that from wide positions. Instead, I feel we are going to have to rely on short, flicked balls over the top that DCL will have to try and wrestle free to get on the end of.

Trust in Carlo wholeheartedly but I don’t see it personally

Nnkoukou left wing and Delph left back is the only way I can make sense of our lineup. Would leave Siggy right wing of a 5 man mid.

Point ok today everything considered. I think we can win this but we certainly won't do it coming from behind.
Yes, my fear is conceding an early grim goal from a set-piece and then proceed to just pass the ball to eternity with Newcastle sitting deep in their shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.