Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rest James and try get him and Coleman both fit in time for Utd.

against Newcastle I have no faith in the wide players or Kenny so I would go with a 352 and keep it tight and win 0-1 / 0-2 - until Rich/James/Coleman/Digne are back it should be nitty gritty getting the 3 points.

Pickford

Keane Mina Godfrey

Kenny Doucoure Allan Nkounkou
Bernard
DCL Simms

Give Simms a chance - we need to know if we need another forward coming in Janaury or not so now is the right time with our forward options depleted to give the lad a chance - if he is out of his depth take him and Godfrey off for Gordon & Delph and go back to 433.

What on earth is that.

What on earth is that.

No other option but to change it up for me, Iwobi and Bernard are not going to suddenly create chances out wide as neither are wide players so it'll be Calvert Lewin isolated again with the Geordies having 10 behind the ball and Kenny/Nkounkou are both unknowns defensively in dealing with their kick and rush tactics.

We cant go 3 games without a win so its essentially dont concede and hope someone crosses a pearler onto DCL's bonce and we scrape the points.

No other option but to change it up for me, Iwobi and Bernard are not going to suddenly create chances out wide as neither are wide players so it'll be Calvert Lewin isolated again with the Geordies having 10 behind the ball and Kenny/Nkounkou are both unknowns defensively in dealing with their kick and rush tactics.

We cant go 3 games without a win so its essentially dont concede and hope someone crosses a pearler onto DCL's bonce and we scrape the points.

We have to start James.

Kenny most definitely cannot play as a wing back.

Simms hasn’t played a second of senior football ever.

What does “we can’t go 3 games without a win” mean? Why can’t we?

We have to start James.

Kenny most definitely cannot play as a wing back.

Simms hasn’t played a second of senior football ever.

What does “we can’t go 3 games without a win” mean? Why can’t we?

Our confidence would be absolutely shot with a tough game against Utd around the corner.

Hook or by crook go to SJP and get the 3 points - smash and grab 0-1 take it and regroup for Utd still top of the table with hopefully both James and Coleman both recovered.

Would be stupid risking James for this one when we did it today and he was completely off the pace.

If Digne is out, then I can't see him bringing in Olsen for this one. If the back line was intact, I think this would have been a logical move. We fell below our standards collectively today, but individuals have been below theirs for a few games now (the goalkeeper and Gomes, to name two). Andre got the chop earlier but will be back for this as his replacement failed to step up. Pickford is conceding too many goals and is too much of a distraction at this point, and is always likely to go off reservation at Newcastle. Even the absence of fans doesn't reassure me.

We've got some very good players at Everton - just not enough of them to compensate when good players like Digne and Richarlison cannot keep their heads. Intelligence is part of the game, and we haven't evinced enough of it lately. Standards are slipping slowly.

Our confidence would be absolutely shot with a tough game against Utd around the corner.

Hook or by crook go to SJP and get the 3 points - smash and grab 0-1 take it and regroup for Utd still top of the table with hopefully both James and Coleman both recovered.

Would be stupid risking James for this one when we did it today and he was completely off the pace.

James was not injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.