Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s Man U, Leeds, Chelsea and Leicester in our upcoming games. Looking forward to having Richarlison(after Man U) and James back.
I'm even ever so slightly starting to worry we will be looking downwards instead of upwards now. It's obvious we will struggle against mobile a fast paced teams. What is it about our club that feels pace is not a priority? I mentioned 2 weeks ago I hooe Ancelotti doesn't fall into the sane trap of relying on Gylfi. We saw how Gylfi and Gomes cant play together- they're just too immobile. But he has. I worry we'll get the same vs Man U if James doesn't recover. It's more it less a guaranteed loss. How Gylfi keeps getting picked is just amazing

I cant blame the gutless players today - a proper system and we get at least a point today its all on Carlo today but those players gave him room to change it after that shambles at Saints.

Seasons over for me now in terms of hopes for top 4 that great start has completely gone.

Just looking forward to the cup quarter final and hopefully we can keep key players fit for it.
Has anyone noticed that as soon as we enter Gylfi into the starting frame, it has all fallen apart? What is it about the managers who can't see this?? His utter shocking performances and demeanour is contagious.

Yes, Gomes has had 2 poor games, granted, but he was also part of our success before the derby. Gylfi is the weak link here.

Why have Gordon on bench if Carlo is not going to use him ? Is he being "taugt a lesson for having the audacity to ask the manager why he is not getting more game time"...why give a debut as a left sided midfield player to a yoing man whose only experience with the first team has been as a left back in micky mouse cup games...asking too much of the youngster particulary as Delph almost totally ignored the lads existence....throughout the first half midfielders constantly played the ball backwards or sideways consequently DCL might as well not have been on the pitch..nothing changed after the break WHY? .over to you Carlo

You should pick a team to go for it against a team like Newcastle even if you have to call upon kids. Like if you lose you lose you have the excuse if you do. Like we coulda seen a bit of sims for what’s it worth. Just feel if you go about it the way Carlo did you best get a draw at the bare minimum or it’s a waste. Would have liking to see 2 strikers start tried a few things.

But alas we lose and we don’t learn anything new or give players experience that need it. Bunch of overpaid crabs that know their future isn’t here just waste a game.

With the starting 11, Everton is a top 6 team. Maybe a top 4 if James had a better partner in midfield. As soon as you make one or two substitutions, the quality of the team drops tremendously. It is a very, very thin team and today they looked like a mid to low table type of team. If this how Everton was last year, then I can see why the fans were so pleasantly surprised with the team this year. I mean, James is a forward-thinking creative midfielder with accuracy. Richarlison is a running machine who knows how to combine with teammates. You can count on Digne and Coleman to make runs throughout the game. Unfortunately, Sigurðsson and Gomes are not that good. It must be frustrating for a manager to look at the bench and see what he has. Sure, Gordon should be given a chance, but I wouldn't send him out there with Sigurðsson and Gomes and maybe that is why Carlo didn't put him in. You want the kid to have confidence so you need to surround him with a good team to build it. The good news is that at least you know the players coming back are going to change the dynamic of the team once again for the better. ¡Vamos Everton!

Not many worse things to sour the end of a weekend than Everton disappointing you!

Take me back to Derby week when we were number 1 in the charts, number one in the league, our perfectly balanced front three were fit and available and the only Everton results worries I had was an erratic goalkeeper from Sunderland!

Tell me about it. Life goes by so much smoother doesn’t it. It’s the crux of basing your happiness off Everton. When things are great you love it when things are bad you wonder, well I do anyway, how pathetic am I to base my life happiness around something so hopelessly out of my control as Everton results. Guess it’s the plight of a struggling working class lad.

5 CMs on the pitch at the same time was the issue. He should’ve changed it at HT and went for it. Ah well, still been a decent start and we’ll start getting players back in time for a tough couple of months.
Don’t really think it’s been a decent start now, tbh. A team that’s currently 13th can leapfrog us tomorrow. We turned a tremendous first 4 games into a run-of-the-mill start that everyone has got off to.

Status
Not open for further replies.