Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, I have never had an Irish friend. Ireland is also on my bucket list, it seems like such a beautiful country.

Oh good, I'm glad it is not just me the one having trouble with the scouse. Maybe if I ever go to a game they will be as considerate as they were with you :)

Consider yourself having one.

Oh andsomething tells me they’d do you one better. They’d probably throw me into a puddle so your feet won’t get wet lol.

priority will be to keep it tight an stop the flow of conceding soft goals, so depending on injuries and availability id go with something like....

Pickford

Kenny Mina Keane Nkounkou

Gomes

Allan Doucoure Delph

James

DCL

Using Gomes as a deep playmaker Busquets type role. Allan and Delph to protect our young inexperienced full backs both of whom will have to provide us with width. Hopefully this formation will free up Doucoure have an impact further up the field and also should allow James the freedom to get on the ball as much as possible in dangerous areas.

I’m not saying we’re defo gonna win. But we should have faith in the manager and the players available to get a win against Steve Bruce’s toon army ffs.

We will react. It’s going to take a disaster or a dodgey decision or 4 for us not to take care of these.

Why do people think Tom Davies will make a good right back or even wing back? He has no pace or strength, or height. Would be targeted immediately and that's without thinking about his level of footballing intelligence.

He has struggled in his natural position so I dont know why some think having him at full back is a wise idea.
I don’t think anyone actually thinks that. I think it’s more lack of options with our two actual right backs out injured, our emergency stand in (Holgate) also our and Godfrey showing he’s got no business there either.

I don’t think anyone actually thinks that. I think it’s more lack of options with our two actual right backs out injured, our emergency stand in (Holgate) also our and Godfrey showing he’s got no business there either.

I'd rather have an actual defender in Godfrey than Davies though. Both would have no protection with James infront of them.

Davies to full back gets suggested enough for it to be commented on.

I'd rather have an actual defender in Godfrey than Davies though. Both would have no protection with James infront of them.

Davies to full back gets suggested enough for it to be commented on.
That’d be the idea of going 3 at the back. Godfrey can still cover that side with support from Davies, Allan, and Doucs without being drawn upfield. It’s unfortunate that suggestion even has to be made. We’re pretty short of options if Kenny and Coleman are still out. Anyone in the U23s worth at least having on the bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.