Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all called it when the teams were announced.

I couldn’t see where the goals were coming from.
Now if I couldn’t see it... what the flip was Carlo seeing?

BTW I’m a Carlo fan... just think it’s a fair question.

I think we have set up to try and pinch a goal from a mistake but not concede. We haven't the players to take the game to them.

Awful performances today. There are players here being given an opportunity to show something and are failing to take, probably because they really are just poor players. The exception is Olsen and he’s already been told he won’t be playing next week!

Here in Austria (on German Sky) every third commercial features Klopp. Insurance, Opel, investment, toilet paper, drain cleaner... you name it, he's advertising it

We need someone with a bit of drive here, no one making runs to open up space and drag players away. Marking Sigurdsson and Gomes must be easy business for opposition. I’d throw Bernard on me.

Gomes off at half please. It looks like he’s playing underwater football
Keane and Gomes should try walking football. We look solid so. The goal will come. Its not about running around like headless chickens, something we have done against Southampton.

Gylfi's gonna have to stay on because we don't have anyone else to take a set-piece.

Should not be overlooked how we left ourselves short in the forward area in the market.

You have to mitigate risks and we didn't do it and this is what we end up with.

That being said, Carlo has picked a system which really offers nothing with the players that are playing in it. There's no pace and the only midfielder we do have with any speed is playing as an auxiliary right-back when Kenny pushes up. It's been garbage.

Get Gomes off for Gordon or Bernard, preferably Gordon, to inject a bit of pace into proceedings and someone who can actually run in behind.

But Gylfi's set pieces have been poor today. He contributes virtually nothing to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.