Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairly predictable first half. Need to get Gylfi and/or Gomes off for Gordon. Too many CMs means the middle is filled with players who don’t know what to do with themselves.

Gylfi's gonna have to stay on because we don't have anyone else to take a set-piece.

Should not be overlooked how we left ourselves short in the forward area in the market.

You have to mitigate risks and we didn't do it and this is what we end up with.

That being said, Carlo has picked a system which really offers nothing with the players that are playing in it. There's no pace and the only midfielder we do have with any speed is playing as an auxiliary right-back when Kenny pushes up. It's been garbage.

Get Gomes off for Gordon or Bernard, preferably Gordon, to inject a bit of pace into proceedings and someone who can actually run in behind.

I think we all called it when the teams were announced.

I couldn’t see where the goals were coming from.
Now if I couldn’t see it... what the flip was Carlo seeing?

BTW I’m a Carlo fan... just think it’s a fair question.

Gylfi's gonna have to stay on because we don't have anyone else to take a set-piece.

Should not be overlooked how we left ourselves short in the forward area in the market.

You have to mitigate risks and we didn't do it and this is what we end up with.

That being said, Carlo has picked a system which really offers nothing with the players that are playing in it. There's no pace and the only midfielder we do have with any speed is playing as an auxiliary right-back when Kenny pushes up. It's been garbage.

Get Gomes off for Gordon or Bernard, preferably Gordon, to inject a bit of pace into proceedings and someone who can actually run in behind.
Mina would probably take a better set piece than him at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.